“No frills for reasonable rate.”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 1 August 2017

It is a no fills motel, but it is the best bargain in town. Very small parking lot, so be careful if you are pulling a trailer or driving anything large. It has a simple continental breakfast including waffles, yogurt, mini muffins and a few other items. There are refrigerators in the room. Ice machines are very limited.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This is an older property - however it is held to the Shilo standards...
The rooms are clean, the staff is very responsive and accommodating, reservation was easy and a change accommodated - Price is very fair and we would stay again...

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We stayed 5 nights on 2 different times in one week. Biggest issue was room key. Had maintenance
work on door and ended up with 4 different sets of reprogramed keys on one room. On 2nd visit
I asked for ground floor room if no elevator and had to turn down 2nd floor room then wait while
desk person checked the "only" room available on first floor. I booked rooms at least 6 weeks in
advance. The staff had to be away from desk several times which makes it hard for them to do their job.The breakfast area is way to small for size of hotel. Enjoyed the waffles but seems
staff were constantly putting out new supplies. Staff were pleasant to work with but you need new
"room key" machine. Rooms were clean and had enough outlets for charging phones, etc. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Upon check-in for our in team hotel for an out-of-town lacrosse tournament we immediately found ants in our room, killed them as they were in a couple different places around the room and just a few. We went to dinner and came back and there were more, I called the office to let them know the air conditioning didn't work and about the ants and was told they would be up in a few minutes, the front desk clerk that checked us in at 5 PM came up and agreed when we showed her the ants and she checked the air conditioning and said that didn't work as I had told her. She said should be back in a few minutes, a half an hour later I called her, she said they were super busy and would be on her way up. They had no more rooms available I was told that night, and only the one presidential suite which we were in, I was greeted by a lady who handed me a can of bug spray and told me they would buy a fan the following day for the room. I left several messages the next day for the manager and did not receive a call back, we were out of the room from 6 AM until 5 PM, they did however put a fan in the room that happened to have working AC, (presidential suite is two rooms with the door in the middle that join them although there is only one bathroom for the two rooms ) so the room that had no AC was blistering hot. We decided to go to the pool then, there were no towels so I went to the office, I let her know there were several people in the pool and also told her about all the room problems and that I had not heard back from the manager, she told me that she would be in at 11pm to 7am, considering I had to get up at 5 AM the next morning as well as the morning I'm speaking of, I planned to be visiting the office at 6 AM, she brought a couple of towels to the pool which were immediately snatched up by people getting out of the pool, so my daughter went back to the office to ask for more again, the desk clerk had to go to several different areas and came back with a 1 bath towel and a hand towel for the four people in my family to share. The next morning I went and talked to the manager and begin my check out and had let her know I never heard from her from all my messages (come to find out she's the one who handed me ant spray Friday night!) I was beside myself, the manager herself is who handed me and spray to clean up bugs in their hotel room!) I started complaining about the ants, AC and no towels in the pool area and she told me we could've used room towels, I let her know we had three towels for four people for three days and she said didn't housekeeping clean your room? I let her know they did not, she was going to discount my bill $50 for the whole stay and I said that was not acceptable she added on another $50 more and said was the highest she could take off the bill for me begging because the lobby was starting to fill up with people, I was still not satisfied with this because it was horrible customer service and room conditions and my husband was behind me starting to make a scene and I told him I would just contact corporate office and have them take care of it she told me she was the only person I was going to get because they are a franchise and they were just going to hand it over to her to take care of anyway. That disgusted me even more to know this is the kind of customer satisfaction that they have? None whatsoever! I'm top of the $383 that they debited to my card to check in (funds were still being held at this point as it was your weekend) when I checked out they debited another $244 for my stay as the authorized i'm out for the stay she told me to contact my bank and ask them to release initial amount I did and they told me she had to do it at the hotel, she insisted she did not run my card for the second amount of $244 on the initial amount on checking in, the bank said otherwise. I did receive some overdraw fees but since I have notations on my account the bank reversed them for me. Thanks Shilo Salmon Creek, I know where I will not be staying again and Vancouver.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank P6321JClisan
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast room was small but I was told they are changing it. The internet in our section of the building was horrible but the front desk did try to fix it. I would stay here again if I were in town