“Food was authentic Italian”

The Savoy Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: USD 9 - USD 26
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Savoy Restaurant is a 110 year old restaurant. We specialize in Italian cuisine, but also offer pizza, steaks, burgers, salads, and sandwiches and a large amount of seafood. Sunday's we offer a brunch a la carte from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Food was fine. It was the end of the evening and staff seemed like they had had a long day so they were not that attentive. Food was hot and service was timely. I would not say that the food was above average but it was enjoyable and my plate was empty when I left.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

New Year's Eve brought a $30 piece of gristle and fat to my table in the guise of a Delmonico steak. Fortunately, my wife's prime rib was good and large, so I got enough to eat before the celebration. The wait person was aware of the problem but did not adjust the bill.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Went here for lunch during Christmas week with my parents. We called ahead and they put reserved a table for 10. There is a lunch buffet which isn't really an Italian buffet, and the lunch menu didn't have many Italian choices either. I ordered the assorted Italian Panini which wasn't very good, bread was hardly grilled and very little meat on it. For apps we got the greens and beans and calamari. Didn't think either were all that good, just ok. Hoping the dinner menu is more extensive as we're going back there Saturday.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Attended a luncheon for Work. The lunch was a buffet of different items. There wasn’t e ohh for everyone and it seemed crowded. The room wasn’t large enough for our party and by the time our table got up to the buffet, it was nearly empty. We had to wait around until it got refilled. The food was ok. I was not too impressed with this place and will not visit again unless forced to for another function.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We had our Christmas sales luncheon at the Savoy.
Service was great with a nice smile.
Food was very good and plentiful.
Best Restaurant in Rome.

Been to The Savoy Restaurant? Share your experiences!