“Steaks are great”
Review of Coalyard Charlie's

Coalyard Charlie's
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in Rome
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Super service and a great dinner. The menu has a nice mix of what ever you may like, it was tough to make my decision. Salad bar had a nice mix to it. Love the place

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This place has been around for a very long time. We don't get to Rome, NY much, but decided to stop in for lunch on this visit. It was about 12:30 pm on a Friday, but the decently large parking lot was almost empty. So much so, that we almost didn't believe the "Open" sign in the window. But it was, indeed, open. The place is well kept, clean and in good order. The menu talks the talk, but honestly doesn't quite walk the walk. The food appeared to be straight out of the freezer into the deep fryer and slapped on a plate. I had the Fish Fry Special (as it WAS Friday). The cole slaw was pretty bland. The crinkle cut french fries seemed nice enough, but again, straight from the freezer. My husband had the Buffalo Chicken Nugget sandwich, and while he ate it all, he says he isn't interested in coming back. Which is a shame, because the menu has a variety of things we both thought sounded so appetizing. Perhaps their dinner service preparation and cooking is fresher.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent seafood! We really like the coconut shrimp and shrimp and scallop Alfredo . Bread and salad bar are good. Always have a great meal and excellent service.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

A quiet Wednesday evening, options for the out of town travelers are somewhat limited in downtown Rome.
Coalyard Charlie's was near deserted at 1900, but offered a warm welcome, a reasonable menu choice and good food.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Last time here was 10 years ago, man have I been missing good food! Two of us had the stuffed haddock and it was the best ever. Really moist and tasty. One person had a huge fish fry while on had what looked to be a perfect cooked New York Strip (none was left). They have a great unlimited salad bar, which was well stocked an taken care of. The salad bar includes soup which was Beef Noodle which would have been a mistake if I had skipped. Great place and I will not wait a long time again before I go back!

Been to Coalyard Charlie's? Share your experiences!