“Pffft !!”

Fort Smith Trolley Museum
Ranked #7 of 34 things to do in Fort Smith
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hard to find, lousy parking, not well maintained, trolley "ride" sat around for extended periods of time. Twenty- five minute ride was an unenjoyable 55 minutes long, but didn't want to get off and walk back to my car.

1  Thank michael m
in 6 reviews
"stops"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 15 yr old son enjoyed climbing on the old train cars. We did not see any old trolley's at the trolley museum, nor was there anybody there. The buildings were all locked up as well and it was during the day. As we were leaving a active trolley was pulling into the station area for rides, but we did not stay.

1  Thank Vacationtalk
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We were in Fort Smith and wandered down to the museum (plenty of free parking). Trolley was about to go so missed the museum. Paid the conductor $4 each and off we went. Loads of local historic stories and fairly interesting. Museum in the middle of the line so in the end the total time spent there was well over an hour as many stops for a talk about the area.

2  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stopped in on the way to The Fort Smith National Historic Site. There are a number of trolleys undergoing restoration as well as railroad rolling stock on the property. We took a short trolley tour prior to the normally scheduled tours. We also took a tour of the repair shop. Even though it was only a short visit and there are limited things to see, it was definitely worth a stop.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 February 2018

My husband and I took our two boys to ride the trolley. We walked around the station and a train came by and stopped, so we hopped on. It was 4 dollars per person, and we enjoyed the ride (especially the kids), but, unfortunately, there was a truck parked on the tracks, so we didn't get to take the entire tour. I wish we could have recovered some of the money, since we only went a couple hundred feet, but I considered it a donation and moved on. lol. Next time, hopefully, we can see the entire tour around and I can bump up my review to excellent.

1  Thank Leeann B