“Fun, but trip was cut short...would like to try again.”

Fort Smith Trolley Museum
Ranked #7 of 34 things to do in Fort Smith
Reviewed 9 February 2018

My husband and I took our two boys to ride the trolley. We walked around the station and a train came by and stopped, so we hopped on. It was 4 dollars per person, and we enjoyed the ride (especially the kids), but, unfortunately, there was a truck parked on the tracks, so we didn't get to take the entire tour. I wish we could have recovered some of the money, since we only went a couple hundred feet, but I considered it a donation and moved on. lol. Next time, hopefully, we can see the entire tour around and I can bump up my review to excellent.

1  Thank Leeann B
in 4 reviews
"stories"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We took friends to the Trolley Museum and trolley ride. Was quite fun for our friends. This was our first visit also.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The ride goes about a dozen blocks through town as the conductor shares about the history of the fort and the city- a great history lesson for kids! The "museum" is outside with a gift shop and a friendly herd of cats inside (very kid-friendly).

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We just took the trolley ride which is $4 a person & included the ride, historic information & a tour of another trolley in a really cool old station building. The ride was fun and we really liked the conductor. He did a great job of telling the history with humor. Warning, the trolley has the most horrible screeching sound. It was a fun thing to do once. I'm not sure it would be very exciting for kids unless they had the trolley robbery going on.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Before I go into my review, let me preface it with I understand there's not a lot of track for a trolley to traverse. But the experience could have been so much more inclusive, educational, and entertaining had there been some forethought into what they're trying to offer the public.

Very little information is readily available about the trolley, and the stops. Once we did learn about the trolley, the trolley car route was not consistent that day. So we walked all the way from Garrison Street to the trolley Museum, then sent further down to catch the trolley.

Once we did board, our conductor was a very young gentleman, who spent most of his time explaining to us about the vandalism, the cost of repairs, and very little on the history and the education about the trolley in the area.

I had a nine-year-old girl and a six-year-old boy who was absolutely ecstatic for the journey, but we were all completely let down by the shortness of the route and the lack of information and entertainment… Just a continual scolding not to touch this not to do that and about all the cost that their volunteer organization incurred.

We did pay for our tickets, and made a considerable donation that day. But it would have been nice for my children to have learned something about what a trolley was, what it was used for, when it was retired, just something about this novelty that is still being displayed in a very up-and-coming town in the state of Arkansas.

1  Thank Aneisha L