Review Highlights
Worth doing if in town

We were in Fort Smith and wandered down to the museum (plenty of free parking). Trolley was about... read more

Reviewed 1 June 2018
Simon M
Norwich, United Kingdom
via mobile
Interesting Stop

We stopped in on the way to The Fort Smith National Historic Site. There are a number of trolleys... read more

Reviewed 16 April 2018
Lecano_FlStan43
Lecanto, Florida

All reviews repair shop worth doing gift shop national historic site cars conductor ride track railroad stops history route fort novelty barn garrison information
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We just took the trolley ride which is $4 a person & included the ride, historic information & a tour of another trolley in a really cool old station building. The ride was fun and we really liked the conductor. He did a great job of telling the history with humor. Warning, the trolley has the most horrible screeching sound. It was a fun thing to do once. I'm not sure it would be very exciting for kids unless they had the trolley robbery going on.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Before I go into my review, let me preface it with I understand there's not a lot of track for a trolley to traverse. But the experience could have been so much more inclusive, educational, and entertaining had there been some forethought into what they're trying to offer the public.

Very little information is readily available about the trolley, and the stops. Once we did learn about the trolley, the trolley car route was not consistent that day. So we walked all the way from Garrison Street to the trolley Museum, then sent further down to catch the trolley.

Once we did board, our conductor was a very young gentleman, who spent most of his time explaining to us about the vandalism, the cost of repairs, and very little on the history and the education about the trolley in the area.

I had a nine-year-old girl and a six-year-old boy who was absolutely ecstatic for the journey, but we were all completely let down by the shortness of the route and the lack of information and entertainment… Just a continual scolding not to touch this not to do that and about all the cost that their volunteer organization incurred.

We did pay for our tickets, and made a considerable donation that day. But it would have been nice for my children to have learned something about what a trolley was, what it was used for, when it was retired, just something about this novelty that is still being displayed in a very up-and-coming town in the state of Arkansas.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Aneisha L
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is a very odd place that seems to not be ran well at all. We walked into an open building and found no one, we did see a couple broke down trolleys and such. So we wandered over to where the trolley stop is and finally found a group of teenagers who told us to wait there. My best guess is they were there on community service, they quickly headed off behind some old trains and either lit up a joint or someone else nearby did, the smell gives it away, lol. Finally found someone dressed in some conductor type clothes and he said a trolley would be bye soon. We actually did manage to ride the trolley but it really leaves a lot to be desired. It is more of a history lesson than a ride. The kids were begging to get off. Unless you are just really bored, I would stay away from here.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Obviously we went on an off day as the majority of the reviews were ok. First of all the "museum" is just an old trolley with parts and things sitting around. I'm actually not sure if the "museum" was the open air garage/shop appearing structure or the building. When following the signs around to the trolley entrance to this building all the doors were locked. Some people were sitting on the bench where it appeared the trolley would leave from and said they had been sitting there for 30 min and hadn't seen anyone. When we knocked on the doors to the building as my children needed to use the restroom an older gentleman opened the door and 3 other men who all appeared to be homeless sitting around a table just sat there as we quickly went to the restroom. There was no mention of trolley rides or asking if we wanted to see the museum. We quickly left the facility. This was at 1 pm on Wed June 14th-
during the posted business hours. There is a train sitting outside and some old boards set up to look like an old town. That's it. I recommend looking at those pictures online and skipping this altogether. Not only was there nothing to see and apparently no trolley to ride, we actually felt unsafe.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Its a Trolley Museum, thats all I would have to say about that. You can ride a Trolley up and down the downtown area.

Date of experience: August 2016