All reviews convention center front desk starbucks coffee nice hotel marriott properties in town traveling cross country walking distance would stay here again up to date spent one night here indoor pool king room staff was very friendly the room was nice excellent stay fitness room
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The entire property was completely overrun with a high school group. The lobby and common areas were packed full at all times, and they were very loud in the corridors throughout the night and into the morning.

The room was clean and I loved the setup. The location is ideal; it's within a short walk of countless bars, shops, and restaurants.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Axl D
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Very friendly check in. Room was spacious and bed very comfortable. Had a mini frig. Room looked recently renovated. Very clean. Walking distance to The Temple to see a concert. Would recommend and will stay again. Room rate was great too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Great new (or just in excellent condition) hotel right in the middle of downtown. Right next to the convention center. Rooms were new or remodeled and attractive large gathering area in the lobby.

Only strange thing is that on Sunday when we went down to get breakfast it was closed at 10:30. And they were not serving lunch until later.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Room is nice enough, but the "restaurant" is an extremely limited bar with an extremely limited menu of bar food, all at premium prices. The room is no bargain, either. There was no directory to local restaurants, entertainments, or anything. I've been better served at establishments costing half or less than what we spent here for food and lodging. I had a choice between Courtyard and Doubletree, side by side. I clearly made the wrong choice. Two thumbs down.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We have become quite fond of Ft. Smith during our drives across country. This time we wanted to stay right downtown, walking distance to the shops and restaurants on Garrison. I was pleasantly surprised that the Marriott Courtyard was offering a very good AAA rate, $85 plus tax for a king room, so we booked. The hotel appears to have had a recent renovation. Everything was fresh and new and quite comfortable. The room decor is a little odd: a curved couch and large, rolling ottoman in the corner. Plenty of storage space, with a closet plus an armoire. The window opened slightly, so we got some fresh air. However, we still needed the A/C and it loudly cut on and off all night. If the window had opened fully, we could have done without the A/C. There was a very tiny fridge, which froze and ruined several of our food items. No microwave at all. When I mentioned these problems at checkout, the clerk said we could have gotten a microwave had we asked. He shrugged off the frozen food problem. Of course, Marriott does not offer free breakfast. Very quirky and stingy of them. They have a bar that doubles as a place to order food and Starbucks coffee. It was mostly empty when we were there. I did buy coffee, which was quite strong. I don't mind the lack of complimentary coffee or breakfast given the low room rate. I would not, however, be satisfied with the trade off if the rate was higher. I used the fitness room, which was small but adequate. There was an attractive indoor pool. The free Wifi worked very well. The check in clerk, Madison, was excellent. We would stay at this Courtyard again if the rate were just as reasonable.

Room Tip: there are no views, so which way you face probably doesn't matter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple