“Lovely hotel, large room, great location, good price this time”

Courtyard Fort Smith Downtown
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We have become quite fond of Ft. Smith during our drives across country. This time we wanted to stay right downtown, walking distance to the shops and restaurants on Garrison. I was pleasantly surprised that the Marriott Courtyard was offering a very good AAA rate, $85 plus tax for a king room, so we booked. The hotel appears to have had a recent renovation. Everything was fresh and new and quite comfortable. The room decor is a little odd: a curved couch and large, rolling ottoman in the corner. Plenty of storage space, with a closet plus an armoire. The window opened slightly, so we got some fresh air. However, we still needed the A/C and it loudly cut on and off all night. If the window had opened fully, we could have done without the A/C. There was a very tiny fridge, which froze and ruined several of our food items. No microwave at all. When I mentioned these problems at checkout, the clerk said we could have gotten a microwave had we asked. He shrugged off the frozen food problem. Of course, Marriott does not offer free breakfast. Very quirky and stingy of them. They have a bar that doubles as a place to order food and Starbucks coffee. It was mostly empty when we were there. I did buy coffee, which was quite strong. I don't mind the lack of complimentary coffee or breakfast given the low room rate. I would not, however, be satisfied with the trade off if the rate was higher. I used the fitness room, which was small but adequate. There was an attractive indoor pool. The free Wifi worked very well. The check in clerk, Madison, was excellent. We would stay at this Courtyard again if the rate were just as reasonable.

Room Tip: there are no views, so which way you face probably doesn't matter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Started off bad we book this hotel because of their indoor pool and we called for reservations several weeks advance they did not notify us about the pool being closed for renovations even after we pacifically asked about the pool however after I called to Marriott they more than made up ford took care of me and my family really well free breakfasts is all around even a free night stay was added to my point this is one of the reasons I always try to stay at Marriott the customer service at this Marriott is probably the best I've ever seen and the food is great will definitely recommend this place and would definitely stay here again just hope they get the pool fixed by then

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Our reservation was slightly different than we thought. I called and spoke to Kristen Brasel to confirm our reservation. She was extremely helpful and clarified our arrangement. We were fortunate to meet her today and checked in, happy with our room. This is our fourth stay at this Courtyard. Highly recommend this hotel. Larry

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
HEATHER S, Manager at Courtyard Fort Smith Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Larry, thank you so much for your kind words and Praise of Kristle and the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Fort Smith turned out to be a very interesting place to stay. I never would have found out about what to do without the help of the friendly folks at Courtyard. The room was surpe clean and comfortable. One of the most outstanding aspect of our stay was the friendly young ladies in the Bistro. Good food and great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the review and love hearing that you enjoyed our hotel and great town of Fort Smith. Safe travels and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I spent one night here on business. It was very nice. Like a lot of Marriott properties, breakfast is not free but they do have breakfast available for a price. I got a sandwich from the Bistro in the evening. It was good. Their menu is limited but I didn't feel like going out so I decided to try it. The room was nice and quiet. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!