“Didn't want the tour to end!”
Review of Bonaventure Don

Bonaventure Don
Ranked #1 of 159 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My name is Don Teuton, and mine is the best tour of historic Bonaventure Cemetery. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents are buried in these hallowed grounds and I will be as well. I’m on the Board of Directors of the Bonaventure Historical Society and an active volunteer for the same. For me, and mine, Bonaventure is a family tradition. If you’re looking for ghost stories or secret societies or other fanciful things, this is not the tour for you. There are other Bonaventure Cemetery Tours you can take if you want fiction. I believe that what actually occurred on these grounds, and in this city, is fascinating enough without the need to make things up. My tour is the only historically accurate walking tour of Bonaventure cemetery. Please join me, if you can. We'll have fun, I promise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I am a local who had more than my fair share of Savannah history lessons growing up. Don's tour taught me the back story and much more interesting side of many of those lessons. He gives great thought to the comfort of the guests on his tour, providing umbrellas and ice water. The pace is perfect for all ages. His love and respect for Bonaventure is contagious. I couldn't get home fast enough to start reading more on some of the topics he touched on. I have always loved exploring Bonaventure, but thanks to Don I have a new found appreciation for those beautiful surroundings.

Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks, Celeste. I so rarely have locals on my tour and you and Camille were a pleasure. Y'all come back. Don

All reviews
"ice cold water bottles"
"toed shoes"
"parents and grandparents"
in 2 reviews
"history brought to life"
"crystal beer parlor"
"memorable tour"
"extensive research"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"colorful characters"

A TripAdvisor Member
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We totally enjoyed Don and his tour. He has so much knowledge about Savannah and the cemetery. The tour was a good way to spend the afternoon. Would highly recommend it.

Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you! I can't tell from your user name who you are but I do appreciate your time and your review. Please come back and see me again. Don

Reviewed 4 April 2018

"Bonaventure Don" will someday (in the very distant future) be an integral part of the Bonaventure Cemetary tour of sites himself! He's a part of the place already,as are his deceased parents and grandparents . I can't imagine anyone knows it better. His two and a half hour,easy walk, tour of the grounds is a must-do for tourists, natives and, like us, transplants. Azaleas in bloom in the spring or river views anytime make it a lovely walk throughout the year. Don't miss it

1  Thank Nancy A
Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Nancy, thanks so much. Let's hope it's in the very distant future. I'm already too old for a broken column so I'm hoping now for an obelisk. Don

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Absolutely loved our tour of the beautiful and serene Bonaventure Cemetery. Don was great! He had so many interesting facts and stories, the tour seemed to fly by, even though it was well over 2 hours long. This cemetery and tour was the highlight of my vacation in Savannah!

1  Thank vickilynnreynolds
Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks Vicki! You and Kristi were a pleasure, please come back and see me again. Don