This is probably my favorite hotel in the country. I've stayed there many times over the last 20 years and each time I return it's like coming home again. Janice and her staff do everything to make sure your stay is special and perfect. The hotel is located overlooking River Street above Huey's and is close to everything. Parking is located across the street in a public (safe) garage. Upon check in ask for the pass, it costs $15 a day and is worth it because it allows you to come and go as you please. There is also a private elevator that will take you down to River Street (The entrance is located on Bay Street and the Lobby, while on street level with Bay Street, is on the 4th floor)
My room was on the 3rd floor (#329) in the original section and had a french balcony overlooking the river. I love to watch the ships coming up and down the river and the people on River Street below. Each room is different and mine was comfortable and had a historical look to it, with exposed brick, a very comfortable queen bed, writing desk, a nice sitting area, free wi-fi and turn down service.
BTW I love the nautical decor in the rooms. I heard that the company may be removing these...I truly hope not.
The hotel has charm, comfort, historical ties and is a treat to stay in. If you're going to Savannah, Bypass the expensive big name hotels be spoiled at The River Street Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built of cobble and ballast stones in 1817, as a cotton warehouse, our converted, historic hotel overlooks the Savannah River, right on River Street. Decorated with period furnishings, four poster beds, oriental rugs, hardwood floors and exposed brick walls, maintaining its historic charm. Located just blocks from Broughton Street shopping district & City Market, cars aren't needed, as all is within walking distance; Valet Parking is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your River Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Street Savannah
- River Street Hotel Savannah
- River Street Inn Savannah Ga