The DeSoto
USD 191
USD 140
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Marshall House(Savannah)(Great Value!)
USD 178
  • Restaurant
USD 195
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
USD 170
USD 168
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
USD 205
USD 169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationfront deskbuffalo bayouwater issuecorner king roomhistoric districthotel is beautifulsouthern hospitalityevery employeeforsyth parknice poolthe riverwithin walking distancea great staychecking outcomfortable bedsvalet parking
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Location is great in historic downtown on one of the squares with a bookstore across the street!!; Staff was so friendly, wanting to make your stay pleasant; Custodial crew paid attention to details; elegant and modern hotel done in whites and grey. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
KolinP_SotherlyHost, Sotherly Host at The DeSoto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Janet B,

Thank you for the glowing review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at The DeSoto. Savannah's "gems", the 22 squares that make up the perfect grid of fun shops, gorgeous homes, and great local restaurants. That bookstore, E Shaver, is one of those quintessential Savannah shops and has been open for more than 40 years! I just love having these places within close walking distance for all our guests to enjoy. We know we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I can't begin to express what a joy and pleasure it was to work with the outstanding Desoto team during a wedding my company planned for a bride! I wanted to brag on the exceptional and intuitive service, impeccable food and lovely updated decor. Any bride or client thinking about hosting a wedding here, don't think twice! You will be more than satisfied! Please pass my deepest thanks onto your banquet, culinary, housekeeping and reservations team, Desoto! Everyone hit a home run!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
KolinP_SotherlyHost, Sotherly Host at The DeSoto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Hey mspecansandy,

Firstly, such a cute and appropriate name! Thank you so much for the perfect rating and review. Savannah is a popular place for weddings and The DeSoto throws some of the best! I am happy that everything went well for your visit with us. We all look forward to working with you more in the future for some beautiful Savannah events.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We had the pleasure of staying for several days at the DeSoto and were very pleased with every detail. Each of the staff members from porters and valets, to desk clerks and managers, were very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. This is a hotel in the heart and soul of Savannah, and so close to so many sights and sounds. We hope to stay here again the next time we're in Savannah.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
KolinP_SotherlyHost, Sotherly Host at The DeSoto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Hey dalajon,

Thank you for such an awesome review! Several days in Savannah is really what it takes to see a lot of the great sites and get to the best restaurants. However, we want to make sure that your first minute at The DeSoto Savannah is full service and welcoming with that southern hospitality. I am so happy to see y'all had such a lovely time with us and took advantage of all the close by spots. We know we will see you soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

First off if you stay at the DeSoto, which you should, talk to Dana! This amazing lady help my wife and I out so much! The hotel is amazing, the view from our room was breathtaking and all of the staff was spot on with their service! My wife and I will return several time, especially if Dana is here!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunfried73

Hello sunfried73,

What a lovely and personal review for Dana and our service here at The DeSoto! I thank you for sharing this with future guests and new friends. Dana sure puts a smile on our guests when coming in the lobby for the first time. Come back soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Great location, close to all the squares and Forsyth Park. Hotel in perfect condition, beautiful design. Very comfortable. Highly recommend. The coffee shop stand on the lobby level looks nice, only minus is unfortunately it seems the staff has not been trained on caffe latte.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Adeline M,

Thanks for the great review! We love guest feedback and rely on it to know what we can do better and what we can continue good work on. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the locally roasted and ground coffee at Buffalo Bayou in our lobby. I'll make sure that the baristas train up on a good cafe latte for sure. There is always room to improve. Thank you for staying with us at The DeSoto Savannah.