“Wonderful weekend getaway”
Review of Planters Inn

Planters Inn
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 7 December 2017

If you want to explore historic Savannah, the Planters Inn has the perfect location. Situated on Reynolds square just 2 blocks to the river, the Inn is in the historic downtown area that has numerous quaint shops and boutiques. Next to the Inn is the Olde Pink House, an historic residence turned into a first class restaurant. Getting a reservation is a challenge that is well worth the effort.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to a room overlooking the square, preferably with a veranda.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,877)

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is fantastic.
Beautiful lobby, decorated so nicely for Christmas. Warm welcoming staff, happy to help with any of your needs. Fresh complimentary coffee always available, sadly we missed the wine and cheese as we were busy out exploring!
Lovely comfortable rooms decorated to a high standard, nice complimentary bathing products.
Breakfast although continental had hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage patties, I filled a toasted muffin with these and it was delicious!!! Tea, coffee, juice, cereals, bread products, yogurts, fruits... the list goes on. Something for everyone.
Recommend the valet parking if you have a car. It's $20 a day but if you park the car yourself you pay $5 an hour ALL DAY!!!!
Don't hesitate, just book this hotel, you will not regret it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I love Savannah. I have stayed at Olde Harbour Inn and the Marshall House. After reading about other hotels My mom and I decided on
the Planter’s Inn. It had all of the amenities we appreciate: breakfast included, social hour and in the heart of the Historic District. The room was lovely, the mezzanine was cozy, but I thought the reception area was a bit tired. The Breakfast staff and housekeeping were very quick and efficient. We were out by 9:00 most mornings and would stop by quickly before noon and our room was clean. The one downside of our stay would be the concierge. She did not have the happy outgoing personality I have seen in other concierges. At times I thought she let authority go to her head. The social hour was from 5:30-7:30 and she did not pour anything until 5:30 on the dot. Even when the reception area was packed and people were lining up for a glass of wine she let us know she would start pouring at 5:30 (it was 5:24). Guests were favored with playful conversation and generous pours. Planter’ s Inn is in a terrific location, but I just didn’t feel the southern hospitality I have felt at other hotels in Savannah.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HFREE
Reviewed 2 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Planters Inn. The hotel is beautifully decorated and well maintained. The location in the heart of the historic district could not be better with access to many of the excellent restaurants and historic sites. The staff provided great service and helped make our visit to Savannah vey enjoyable. When we return to Savannah we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

It was our first visit to Savannah and we loved it! We are so happy to have chosen the Planters Inn, it was awesome! Not only the great central location on Reynolds Square but the service 1A! From Marvin the Front Desk agent who warmly welcomed us and upgraded us after I told him that I was a hoteliere for my last 30 years, to the breakfast assistants who were very friendly and helpful. The historic building is beautiful and the bedroom and the bathroom were very well appointed, good quality amenities and comfortable and pretty furniture. We attended the complementary cheese and wine reception and gathered with other guests and the friendly and kind hotel host. Breakfast was very good and complete with a wide selection of eggs, breads, cereals and fruits, and included on the rate! Check out was smooth and the clerk gave us good tips of the city. We will recommend the Planters Inn and without any doubt it will be our choice during our next visit to beautiful Savannah!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple