3,061 results
All reviews reynolds square wine and cheese parking garage great location pink house next door historic district house restaurant four poster the river within walking distance continental breakfast each evening warm cookies ice bucket turn down service southern hospitality bottle of champagne
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is fantastic.
Beautiful lobby, decorated so nicely for Christmas. Warm welcoming staff, happy to help with any of your needs. Fresh complimentary coffee always available, sadly we missed the wine and cheese as we were busy out exploring!
Lovely comfortable rooms decorated to a high standard, nice complimentary bathing products.
Breakfast although continental had hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage patties, I filled a toasted muffin with these and it was delicious!!! Tea, coffee, juice, cereals, bread products, yogurts, fruits... the list goes on. Something for everyone.
Recommend the valet parking if you have a car. It's $20 a day but if you park the car yourself you pay $5 an hour ALL DAY!!!!
Don't hesitate, just book this hotel, you will not regret it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I love Savannah. I have stayed at Olde Harbour Inn and the Marshall House. After reading about other hotels My mom and I decided on
the Planter’s Inn. It had all of the amenities we appreciate: breakfast included, social hour and in the heart of the Historic District. The room was lovely, the mezzanine was cozy, but I thought the reception area was a bit tired. The Breakfast staff and housekeeping were very quick and efficient. We were out by 9:00 most mornings and would stop by quickly before noon and our room was clean. The one downside of our stay would be the concierge. She did not have the happy outgoing personality I have seen in other concierges. At times I thought she let authority go to her head. The social hour was from 5:30-7:30 and she did not pour anything until 5:30 on the dot. Even when the reception area was packed and people were lining up for a glass of wine she let us know she would start pouring at 5:30 (it was 5:24). Guests were favored with playful conversation and generous pours. Planter’ s Inn is in a terrific location, but I just didn’t feel the southern hospitality I have felt at other hotels in Savannah.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank HFREE
Reviewed 2 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Planters Inn. The hotel is beautifully decorated and well maintained. The location in the heart of the historic district could not be better with access to many of the excellent restaurants and historic sites. The staff provided great service and helped make our visit to Savannah vey enjoyable. When we return to Savannah we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

It was our first visit to Savannah and we loved it! We are so happy to have chosen the Planters Inn, it was awesome! Not only the great central location on Reynolds Square but the service 1A! From Marvin the Front Desk agent who warmly welcomed us and upgraded us after I told him that I was a hoteliere for my last 30 years, to the breakfast assistants who were very friendly and helpful. The historic building is beautiful and the bedroom and the bathroom were very well appointed, good quality amenities and comfortable and pretty furniture. We attended the complementary cheese and wine reception and gathered with other guests and the friendly and kind hotel host. Breakfast was very good and complete with a wide selection of eggs, breads, cereals and fruits, and included on the rate! Check out was smooth and the clerk gave us good tips of the city. We will recommend the Planters Inn and without any doubt it will be our choice during our next visit to beautiful Savannah!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I really loved this place. It is close to Broughton, River Street and a small shopping area that has a museum in it. It is only a 15-20 minute walk to Forsyth Park at the other end of the Historic Center. The Concierge, Karen, Was friendly and made us a lot of reservations for tours and dinners and hosted a great wine and cheese gathering every night. The rooms were always clean (the staff took their time to make sure everything was done) the front desk were always friendly and quick to loan us an umbrella when it was raining. The doorman was friendly, and was always busy helping people load and unload their cars, getting coffee for us and opening doors. The morning breakfast was good but the same every day. The breakfast bar was always clean and well stocked. We ate there most mornings because there were not many restaurants that were open early and those that were served the same thing the hotel had. The only bad thing was the parking structure outside our window. Seems avery little boy that had a loud car revved his engine just becasue it was loud. The sound echoed right into our room. And then there were times in the morning the delivery trucks could be heard and you could hear the workers talking. I never heard anything from the other rooms or the hallways. I will stay there again if I could get the rooms facing the square in the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a heavy sleeper any room will work - they are comfortable and the beds are awesome
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple