“Worth Leaving Downtown”

Cotton & Rye
Ranked #11 of 955 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 10 - USD 29
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always love walking around the squares on Bull street and River street and tend not to leave those areas when I visit town. This was a 5 minute ride uptown and I’m glad we ventured out. Very cool decor with a cool guitar player setting ambiance. Charcuterie was fantastic as well as the beef tartare.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Was looking forward to our last meal in Savannah... unfortunately, I was disappointed. I will start by saying our reservation was honored . We were welcomed and seated by a professional hostess . The restaurant space is nothing special, we were seated in a side room looked as if it could have been a porch at some point . Our chicken wing appetizer was delicious , My fish arrived undercooked , I did not send it back, we were limited on time . My main complaint is at this price point .. my fish being $38 there should be more support staff . Our dirty plates were left on the table . Savannah has a dynamic food scene I would try somewhere else in the future .

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We went with a large group and it appeared that most really enjoyed the “different” menu. I personally had the Pork which was too fatty and disappoiningly seasoned but the salad was very good. My dining companions had the Tile fish and the trout and both enjoyed them.
Just a heads up the the prices seemed out of line with the ambiance and menu.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had a very nice dining experience. The waitstaff was outstanding! The drink list was extensive, food selections varied. Some of the starters could be entrees. All very tasty.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Limited menu and perhaps I made a poor choice because the steak was so tough I could not eat it. The service was good. The other members of my group thought their food was OK, but no one said they would return for another dinner.