“Great Local Gem”
Review of Mate Factor

Mate Factor
Ranked #4 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Savannah
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Not crowded just steady flow of happy people enjoying outstanding teas, coffees and baked treats. Interior of store is so much fun to take in while you enjoy your experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Such a hidden gem and I am so blessed I found it!!!

I was simply venturing around Savannah after recently moving here, and I couldn't find any decent coffee shops that weren't packed with loud college students... Then I happened to stumble past Mate! Which my husband and I have lovingly nicknamed "The Hobbit Hole". One of the coolest little buildings we've been in! Every time we have a visitor, we bring them here! It's out go-to shop! The outside seating is lovely and I planned half my wedding while sitting back there, and the inside seating is just ADORABLE, and so quirky! Truly like you're in a historic little hobbit house, which loft seating and everything! All the customers here are quiet and respectful, and very very sweet. The service is AMAZING! Truly, the greatest people in town. My husband accidentally spilled an entire cup of coffee, and not only did they apologize to US (for no reason, we were the ones doing the spilling!) but they got us a new drink for free, and a discounted sandwich! WOW! Then at the end of the night on another night, we were about to head out because they were near closing, and they insisted we stay until our ride got there so we didn't have to wait outside, and then they gave us free loafs of bread that they didn't sell that day. SO SWEET. This is by far my favorite place in town, and I hope everyone gets a chance to see it.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

If you want to live like a local when you are visiting Savannah, this is the hidden gem that the locals frequent daily! They do have coffee and tea but are famous for their own Mate served both hot and cold, sweetened and unsweetened. Operated by the 12 Tribes, this is the friendliest and coziest location to grab bread (best in Savannah), sandwiches, desserts and a beverage. You'll make new friends and get to see old ones here in the nicest atmosphere in town! We love everything about this place, especially the people who serve you with kindness!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited this establishment Sunday morning. I found it thru a Google search, was looking for a cup of coffee. Beautiful building, great location....uncomfortable customer service. Not once did the staff greet us. Never made small talk or anything welcoming. Maybe it's because we were not regular customers? Or something I don't want to believe..we were the only people of color in the coffee shop. I was very bothered that the baristas spoke to people behind us in line, but never to either my husband nor I. I hope that this was not the case, but the staff should make a better effort of making people feel welcome...just a thought...

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We were on vacation in Savannah for a week and in the house we had rented was a notebook filled with suggestions for where to eat in town. Someone had mentioned going to Mate’ Factor everyday for breakfast. Needless to say this piqued our interest and we were very pleasantly surprised! The cafe itself is gorgeous inside almost like walking into a beautiful tree house. The people that worked there were warm and friendly and we truly enjoyed everything they make there. My daughters loved the mango-peach mate’ Iced tea and I loved their vanilla hazelnut latte’. Oh, and their baked goods are amazing! Especially their raspberry-coconut muffins and any of the scones they make! I have to say we quickly became regulars and were sad to leave this gem of a place behind. If you’re in town do yourself a favor and check this place out it’s the best!