1,626 results
All reviews river street historic district great location city market within walking distance sound machine bay st continental breakfast the room was nice beds were comfortable yogurt front desk staff walked everywhere the breakfast area trip to savannah motel bw
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is going to be a rave review and I'm going to name names. It will be much longer than my previous reviews.
I was host for my US Navy ship's 19th Reunion in Savannah. Several months ago I spent two full days Googling and making phone calls to hotels in Savannah. My two critera were Location and Price. There are hundreds of motels here. Almost every major chain has one or more and there are several specialty hotels. Finally, I contacted MAGGIE HARLEY at Best Western Plus, Historic District. She quoted me a good price with parking in front of the hotel or across the street (cheaper). I made a tentative reservation for 10 rooms. Then my wife and I drove to Savannah to do our homework.
The location is ideal. It is basically one block across the street from City Market and 3 blocks west of River Street. We met MAGGIE and wrote out a contract. I had read many of the reviews, both good and bad. (Most of the bad reviews were about the noise of construction from the new huge hotel next door. How can you blame this hotel for that?) But we didn't check out a room. Later, I was a little worried about that. I needn't have been.
The room was spacious, a big King bed, and it was very clean. The in-room coffee is Wolfgang Puck brand. The bathroom had a nicely tiled shower and was well-equipped. My wife liked the little plug-in sockets with phone chargers on both night stands and the desk. There was a small desk dehumidifier that really worked fast.
For the reunion the hotel gave us a row of rooms on the ground floor facing Bay Street. We were very close to the lobby and the breakfast area. After the morning breakfast, we used the dining area as a rendezvous and meeting area. We were impressed with the complimentary full breakfast: Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs (cheese omelet on Friday). Grits, biscuits, bagels, English muffins, waffles, fruit (bananas, apples, pears), Juices (orange and apple). The good coffee was available 24/7. Each morning, the manager, BILL DALEY, placed out a small survey form asking for comments and suggestions for improvement of the breakfast. One morning he even bused tables for us.
The Concierge, MARY BECKWORTH, was so wonderful! She assisted me and my shipmates with everything. This included directions to attractions, phone calls to pave the way for our other events (Mighty 8th Museum, and Old Town Trolley) and to solve a problem with a restaurant one couple had a complaint about. (Most of our group raved about the restaurants in Savannah, but there are always some problems. I'ts nice to have someone to go to bat for us.) MARY even took photos of our MIA Ceremony on the last evening.
And, speaking of our MIA Ceremony, if you haven't witnessed one, it is quite moving. However, the person in charge of it had forgotten to bring along an American flag. When MARY heard about this, she brought a small one from her home. Several other small ones were offered. But the manager, BILL DALEY went out and bought us a nice, new one with a collapsible staff. At the conclusion of the meeting he quietly presented us the flag to use in our future ceremonies. He didn't have to do that! It made tears come to my eyes and a lump dodged itself in my throat.
I belong to one other veterans' organization. With both groups my wife and I have traveled to reunions all over the USA for over 20 years. We have stayed in many great hotels, some much more expensive, but we have never been treated any better that here in Savannah!
And I almost forgot to mention: the hotel provided complimentary USA Today newspapers.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

MR STAN!
We are sooooo happy to hear that you enjoyed every single minute with us. We were honored to host you and your fellow veterans.
We are pleased to hear that you had an amazing experience with us, from Check in to Check out.
We thank you, for your service to our country!.
We hope that your next visit to Savannah, we will host you again!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Walking distance to riverfront or central park. $20 to park at hotel. Construction in back caused cars parked in rear of hotel to wait until equipment was moved to enter or leave. Room was big and clean.

1  Thank rudolphp317
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Rudolph317 Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on tripadvisor!
We appreciate any and all feed back our guest offer us.
I do apologize for any issues you may have encountered due to the construction that is going on behind our property. I can assure you we are working our best to limit the access they have at our parking lot.
We do hope that you will stay with our property again, and that this will not be the deciding factor.
Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Made reservation for one day (months in advance) the total charges was $139.55 (AAA rate) When I arrive at the hotel I requested that I was going to stay a second day on it. The clerk only told me that there was a $20.00 charge added for parking ny vehicle at hotel. ????I told her that I had never heard of any hotel charging for parking. But we did stayed not knowing to our surprize the were gonna charge us more for the second day, the clerk never mention to me that it was going to be a different rate for the next day. So to our surprise my bill for the second $187.71 plus the $139.55 for the first day so my total will be $327.26 for the two days, instaed of the $279.10 that should have been, when I confront her about it she said the rate change because my first day was monday but on tuesday the rates went up????????WTF....HOW CONVINIENCE.....I paid that because I did not want to humiliate my wife at that moment or worst get arrested.....I had visited Best Western in various locations on the east coast and this ones took the cake, NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Mrs. Alers,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback here on TripAdvisor. I have reached out to Via email in hopes to speak further on your stay with us.
I would appreciate you reaching out at your earliest convenience
912-233-1011
Have A Great Weekend

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Everyone was cordial, helpful, and was able to answer all of my questions. Someone was always at the front desk. They knew directions on how to get to places in the community.The only problem was that the parking lot was full, but they did provide parking at a reduced rate across the street from the hotel, so that was a better deal. I would probably stay there again if need be.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on trip advisor!! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do apologize for the any issues you may have encountered while staying with us, due to parking.
We hope that this will not stop you from staying with us again!
Have a great weekend

Reviewed 17 October 2017

great location, price in line with other hotels in the area. Big surprise was the $20.00 per day charge to park in the hotel parking lot. Close to River Street and many good places to hear live music. Enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

B7542QNstevenm,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We greatly appreciate all feed back from our guest. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed our great location, right of Bay street. Everything is literally within walking distance.
I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered with parking. Unfortunately being located in the Historic District parking is charged. We do offer an alternative, we have a off site parking lot, which we charge 15 dollars for a night. Saves a few dollars, and Security walks that premises as well.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us on your next visit!
Safe Travels