“Awesome Food and service!”
Review of Sandfly BBQ

Sandfly BBQ
Ranked #12 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 week ago

Great food, awesome service!!! If you have never been here before you must try it out. Sandfly is worth the money!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Long-story short our Grandson doesn't care much for coastal seafood as we originally planned on going to The Crab Shack for dinner recently. We settled on the Sandfly as seemingly it was much closer than the Crab Shack or Wiley's BBQ. DON'T judge the place by the neighborhood, which can be a little difficult to first locate then, leave without GPS... If you're looking for Environment and atmosphere head elsewhere, but if you're looking for good ole-fashioned slow cooked BBQ...here's the place. I ordered a large Beef Brisket sandwich w/a bowl of Brunswick stew...YUM! My wife ordered a small pulled pork sandwich and a bowl of Brunswick stew and still not sure what our Grandson ate, but it musta been real good as he was done before we were halfway through our meal. The pulled pork was perfect, LEAN the way it should be without mulched-up fat in it. My brisket was cooked to perfection, juicy, but more fat left on the brisket than I would have thought considering I ordered a large brisket sandwich so I had to trim about 25% of the meat to get the fat off, which was the ONLY downside sorta comment I could make on the place. If you're into BBQ and could care less about nostalgia Sandfly's the place to go. Our Server was absolutely phenomenal. We'll be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stopped in here for lunch and we were so happy that we did! The service was good and the girls work well together and hustle! My husband got beef brisket and his first words were "oh my this is great!" and I had a pulled pork sandwich with mac and cheese. Everything was excellent!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where to go? Where to go? We asked the locals and this is the best BBQ I’ve had in a long time. The wait staff and cooks made us feel welcome and at home in this old rail car. It’s a few blocks from the park but worth the walk.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This little restaurant has a fun, laid back vibe in a rail car and the food comes out very promptly. We’ve been a few times and always get the pulled pork with some Mac and cheese or baked beans/green beans. The bbq sauce is great and definitely adds a great touch to the pulled pork sandwich. Also don’t forget the sweet tea!