1,066 results
All reviews columbia square mercer room private veranda chef terry other guests peach french toast historic district kelly room cookies johnny mercer house is beautiful quiet square shared balcony hors d'oeuvres and wine frittata made to order breakfast port wine
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed overnight at the Kehoe inn and it was a delightful stay. This is not a luxury property so one shouldn't expect 5 star amenities. What it is is a historic home, staffed by people who will treat you with almost care and cordiality, going above and beyond to meet your needs. We stayed in the Pierpont room, a downstairs room that was quite spacious and very cozy. We loved the raisin cookies that came with the turnover service. Charles took such good care of us: he is truly an asset to Kehoe house.

Thank you for exuding genteel charm; we will be back!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
SAVMH, Manager at The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear theecstaticflash,

Thank you for your generous review. We are all delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the compliment as well! I would not be much with out my team who excels at providing top notch hospitality. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

The place is beautiful and located in the heart of the historic district - where you wanna be in Savannah. Decor is tasteful and staff super helpful. I felt home sitting in the porch and having a cup of hot tea after dinner. Breakfast is another event! Delicious and you can have it served in bed or anywhere else in the hotel, like the porch or garden. Only negative is that we were given a room below ground level. Dont take me wrong, the room was beautiful, but I was actually very disappointed that they would even consider having rooms below ground.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Karla M,

I am so glad you chose to stay with us during your recent trip to Savannah. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor as well. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope being in a courtyard room was not too much of an inconvenience. We provide these for guests who prefer the lower price point and easy access to the courtyard in exchange for the view of Columbia Square. I hope you will stay with us again and be able to try one of our 2nd or 3rd floor rooms. Until next time, I wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We loved our stay at this intimate, boutique hotel. Staff was really friendly and helpful, and even had private tour of loft and rooftop overlooking historic Savannah. Great breakfast that didn't leave us hungry. We ate in the very nice dining room at the grand communal table, but breakfast could also be served in room to eat on balcony or veranda. Well appointed large room. Ourse had a small balcony overlooking the square, from where we could nicely observe the people and trolleys passing by, including the nighttime ghost tours Easy walking to historic area and riverfront. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyingkdj
SAVMH, Manager at The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear flyingkdj,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us during your recent trip to Savannah. I appreciate your feedback on our staff and our breakfast. We have an excellent team who truly embody Southern Hospitality. Our chefs are great too. I struggle with staying out of the kitchen to keep the weight off! I hope you will come back to visit soon. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Savannah holds a special place in my heart, but Kehoe House took my love affair with her to another level. From the moment we checked in, until we regretfully checked out, we were treated like royalty. Sure, you pay these rates and that's expected, right? But at Kehoe House, it was different, it was genuine. For the first time, I felt true sincerity and pride from the keepers of this hauntingly beautiful home. We stayed in the Caroline Finch room and it was lovely and comfortable. The wine reception did not disappoint, and I will never forget the Brie that was served. It was perfectly warmed and topped with caramelized pecans and strawberries. All of our requests were met promptly. Breakfast was delivered to our room at the exact time we requested, on a silver tray. After experiencing the Kehoe House chef's Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, I may never enjoy a normal pancake again. And the bacon, oh the bacon...my, my, my. The entire house was beautiful. No living children to be seen, it was nice. Oh, and my boyfriend (an IT consultant) was very impressed with the Wi-Fi. I can't wait to return. I wish everyone could experience this beautiful, hauntingly memorable gem of Savannah.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Carrie O,

You are making us blush! We are all so happy we helped escalate your love affair with Savannah and the Kehoe House. Thank you for your vibrant review. Chef Terre's Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are so good, it is a surprise that any ever make it to our guests! I especially appreciate the feedback on our WiFi as we are constantly trying to fine tune accessibility to that amenity. I truly hope we will have the chance to host you again.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

We spent 2 nights at the Kehoe House the end of October and were very pleased with every aspect of our stay. It was a little more expensive than we normally spend for lodging but it was definitely worth the cost.

The house is located adjacent to Columbia Square in a very desirable part of the Historic District. You are in easy walking distance to all of the main sites and restaurants. Cars are definitely a liability in Savannah and public transportation is available and reasonable. The airport is a $33 taxi ride for two. The CAT bus system is even cheaper but does require a transfer.

All of the staff are very friendly, helpful and anxious to make your stay enjoyable. Megan is a perfect hostess and gave us a history lesson on the Kehoe House that was wonderful, colorful and very thorough. She booked our bus tour for us and arranged a pickup at the hotel. Since we did not have a balcony with our room she offered our using the community balcony for breakfast. What a treat!

The cooked to order breakfasts were out of this world and served with real southern hospitality. There is also a reception in the evening with wine and hors d'oeuvres. Tea and soft drinks and juice are available all day long.

We were in room 102, the Kelly Room, which is located on the lower floor of the house. It is on a corner of the building and has windows on two sides. It is beautifully furnished and very large. All of the amenities you would expect in a 4 Diamond Hotel (AAA Rating) is provided but the house still maintains it historic charm. The only downside of our room was the evening spot lights that lighted up the room even with the window blinds drawn.

Room Tip: If I went again I would chose a room on a higher floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear CarlOjai,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad you found your accommodations and our service to be satisfactory. Meghann truly is a gem. She is knowledgeable with both history and recommendations. I will see to it that she receives the compliment. I hope we will be able to host you the next time you re in Savannah.