“Perfect Place to Stay!”

The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 18 November 2015

My husband and I are very glad we chose the Kehoe House for our anniversary get-a-way. The historic home on Columbia Square is well cared for and within walking distance of all that Savannah has to offer. From arrival to departure, the friendly staff was there to make sure our stay was a memorable one. Our room was the Mercer Room on the second floor which was spacious and comfortable. We regret not being able to have breakfast on our veranda but rainy weather kept us from doing so. We did enjoy the delicious breakfasts fixed every morning by Chef Terre and meeting and chatting with the others in the dining room. The wine and hors d'Oeuvre in the early evening, the biscotti and coffee later in the evening as well as the lemonade in the foyer and the bottled water and cold drinks available all day were a nice treat. And of course, the delicious homemade cookies left on our pillow every night. My thanks again to Jennifer, Bridget, Meghan, Charles, Hugh and Chef Terre for making our stay so memorable. You are all amazing. I almost forgot, the free Wi-Fi was excellent. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
SAVMH, Manager at The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Hope1956_11,

Chef Terre really does make the best breakfast. I often joke around that helping our guests with their luggage is the only way I can stay in shape since she stuffs us all the time! I am most pleased to see you mention our front desk agents and managers as well. I am glad you had such a great time relaxing at our inn and interacting with so many staff. I truly hope we will have the chance to host you again.

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed overnight at the Kehoe inn and it was a delightful stay. This is not a luxury property so one shouldn't expect 5 star amenities. What it is is a historic home, staffed by people who will treat you with almost care and cordiality, going above and beyond to meet your needs. We stayed in the Pierpont room, a downstairs room that was quite spacious and very cozy. We loved the raisin cookies that came with the turnover service. Charles took such good care of us: he is truly an asset to Kehoe house.

Thank you for exuding genteel charm; we will be back!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
SAVMH, Manager at The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear theecstaticflash,

Thank you for your generous review. We are all delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the compliment as well! I would not be much with out my team who excels at providing top notch hospitality. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

The place is beautiful and located in the heart of the historic district - where you wanna be in Savannah. Decor is tasteful and staff super helpful. I felt home sitting in the porch and having a cup of hot tea after dinner. Breakfast is another event! Delicious and you can have it served in bed or anywhere else in the hotel, like the porch or garden. Only negative is that we were given a room below ground level. Dont take me wrong, the room was beautiful, but I was actually very disappointed that they would even consider having rooms below ground.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Karla M,

I am so glad you chose to stay with us during your recent trip to Savannah. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor as well. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope being in a courtyard room was not too much of an inconvenience. We provide these for guests who prefer the lower price point and easy access to the courtyard in exchange for the view of Columbia Square. I hope you will stay with us again and be able to try one of our 2nd or 3rd floor rooms. Until next time, I wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We loved our stay at this intimate, boutique hotel. Staff was really friendly and helpful, and even had private tour of loft and rooftop overlooking historic Savannah. Great breakfast that didn't leave us hungry. We ate in the very nice dining room at the grand communal table, but breakfast could also be served in room to eat on balcony or veranda. Well appointed large room. Ourse had a small balcony overlooking the square, from where we could nicely observe the people and trolleys passing by, including the nighttime ghost tours Easy walking to historic area and riverfront. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyingkdj
SAVMH, Manager at The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear flyingkdj,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us during your recent trip to Savannah. I appreciate your feedback on our staff and our breakfast. We have an excellent team who truly embody Southern Hospitality. Our chefs are great too. I struggle with staying out of the kitchen to keep the weight off! I hope you will come back to visit soon. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Savannah holds a special place in my heart, but Kehoe House took my love affair with her to another level. From the moment we checked in, until we regretfully checked out, we were treated like royalty. Sure, you pay these rates and that's expected, right? But at Kehoe House, it was different, it was genuine. For the first time, I felt true sincerity and pride from the keepers of this hauntingly beautiful home. We stayed in the Caroline Finch room and it was lovely and comfortable. The wine reception did not disappoint, and I will never forget the Brie that was served. It was perfectly warmed and topped with caramelized pecans and strawberries. All of our requests were met promptly. Breakfast was delivered to our room at the exact time we requested, on a silver tray. After experiencing the Kehoe House chef's Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, I may never enjoy a normal pancake again. And the bacon, oh the bacon...my, my, my. The entire house was beautiful. No living children to be seen, it was nice. Oh, and my boyfriend (an IT consultant) was very impressed with the Wi-Fi. I can't wait to return. I wish everyone could experience this beautiful, hauntingly memorable gem of Savannah.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Carrie O,

You are making us blush! We are all so happy we helped escalate your love affair with Savannah and the Kehoe House. Thank you for your vibrant review. Chef Terre's Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are so good, it is a surprise that any ever make it to our guests! I especially appreciate the feedback on our WiFi as we are constantly trying to fine tune accessibility to that amenity. I truly hope we will have the chance to host you again.