“David C” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Maitland, Florida
“David C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Foley House Inn was AWESOME! We jsut spent the weekend for my wife's birthday and it could not have been more perfect. The room was nice and clean, the location was very convenient and the service was excellent. In addition, the breakfast was increadible each morning and your recomendations for dinner were excellent. Thank you to Christine and everyone at the Foley House Inn for a great weekend. We look forward to returning again next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but remember that the rooms in the main house have their own fireplace.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We had a really nice stay here in mid-February - just too short! The inn is right in the heart of downtown, very easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and the river. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The attention to detail was terrific - lots of little touches like afternoon wine, delicious breakfast, etc. The room itself was great - very comfortable bed, nice furniture, etc. Really, nothing negative to stay - this is a very fine spot.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank templeheels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had the BEST stay at the Foley House Inn. Not only did we love our big room, the yummy food, the perfect location in the Historic District, but the staff made us feel as if we were family. From the minute we booked the reservation over the phone (I had a few questions so I didn't book online), I felt this place exuded Southern hospitality...and I was right. We will never stay anywhere else when we come to Savannah.

• Stayed February 2012
Ashland, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My 2 girlfirends and I spent a long weekend at Foley House. Based on their website, we expected the facility to be wonderful. And it was. But what really sets this apart is the staff. From the time we arrived, the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was the best that it could be. Thye hotel added another bed to the room (there were 3 of us). We stayed for the tea (and sweets) as well as the wine (served with savory). Took their recommnedation for dinner -- also great and a short walk away. Breakfast was a choice of sweet or savory, both were good. When I inquired about a possible tour, the on duty manager recommended several, and then made arrangements for the one we selected.
All of this is what you expect from a 4 Diamond inn. But the true nature of the staff came our when one of our party was taken ill the last night. From offering additional cleaning to an emergency trip to the local pharmacy they did everything possible to try and ease the discomfort and embaressment. Foley House is definitely on my list of places to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

After researching some Savannah B&Bs on-line, I chose the Foley Inn. This was a special Valentine's weekend for my fiance' & me. So to surprise her, I booked this more upscale place and I chose the largest room they had, called the Essex room. Of course I (jokingly) told her that we got the economy room so don't expect too much (TeeHee). While this grand luxury room went for #322/night, it was worth it for the 2 night weekend stay (Fri & Sat). We worked hard all of our lives and this was just the pampering that we deserved for such a romantic occasion.

Upon arrival, I was literally blown away with the poshness of the two sitting/social rooms off of the tiny entryway & check-in desk. When we were presented with our room, my jaw & hers literally hit the floor with delight. The pictures presented on their web site did not do this room justice. (The same for the sitting/social rooms.) The room was exactly as described in their verbiage. However, the largeness of it and the preserved old Southern warmth & charm were way over the top.

In our room, there were two gas fireplaces. The one for the bedroom area faced the 4-post king size bed. The one for the sitting area was just aside, facing a sofa. There was a marvelous chandelier over the foot of the bed and a second beautiful sofa sitting area tucked inside a 3 windowed recessed bay area. The hardwood floor was adorned with two large beautiful area rugs.

Well, I'm here to tell you that the above wasn't enough for this B&B to just provide a nice room. They also have a complimentary daily afternoon tea service with sweets that starts at 3 PM (lasts until 5 PM). Since my fiance' & I do enjoy our bonding tea moments, we made a special point to return to the B&B for tea time (they also have coffee).

Well, that still wasn't enough. At 6 PM, they have complimentary port (wine) and hors d'oeuvres (lasts until 7 PM). The also have carafes of both white & red wine. All are self service. Both the tea & port moments are enjoyed in either of the two beautiful & rustic sitting areas.

The staff is always eager to assist with a level of attentiveness that is almost a lost art these days.

The location is an easy walk to the river front shops and to the historic squares and churches.

I am not affiliated with the hotel industry, this establishment & am not a hired critic. I was just too impressed with the Foley Inn to let it go unsaid.

- Howie -

Room Tip: If you have the extra $$, book the Essex room, #104.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple