3,159 results
All reviews rooftop bar the river front desk valet parking heated pool full size refrigerator fire pit historic district social hour valet staff beautiful hotel free breakfast evening reception would highly recommend this hotel within walking distance would definitely stay here again wonderful stay
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The location is fantastic, and there were 3 members on staff in particular who were tremendously friendly and helpful. Location is beautiful, right on river street with a ton of restaurants, shops, and sights to see right across the street from the hotel. The woman who checked us in (I believe her name was Kellie) was very friendly, and even though there was an issue with our reservation, she was able to fix it and have the room made up for us within the hour. She held our luggage for us and also made my older daughter feel extra special giving her "important jobs" during our check in. The hotel has a rooftop pool and bar which was family friendly and very nice. I especially liked that they had live music each night from 7-10. Our room was nice with a great view and comfy bed. Everyone who worked valet was very friendly, and they keep the cars in a lot just across from the hotel so we were able to get our car quickly whenever we needed it. The concierge was also a lovely woman who was very knowledgable and helped us arrange our tour, a discount, and a shuttle to the tour itself. She even gave us a map with all the stops and suggested the ones to spend extra time at. Janet, from the breakfast service was very helpful, she saw me with my hands full, helped me wrap up my food and carried it up to the room for me. Also, during the week the hotel offers an "evening reception," they had free beer, wine, and light snacks (cheese crackers and salad). A couple of small issues though. The biggest problem really was their breakfast area, it was too small, and even though there weren't that many guests, the space filled up very quickly. The waffle stations, juice bar and coffee area were messy throughout service and even though I saw at least 4 people working the area they seemed overwhelmed and again because of the size of the space they had a hard time moving around everyone. Also, our air conditioning was very loud, at first I thought there was a helicopter hovering, or maybe something going on in the supply room, but I soon realized it was actually the air conditioner. I know the price is largely in part to their location, but I have to say the room was smaller than I expected. All in all, beautiful location, very friendly staff.

2  Thank ehcdiva
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for acknowledging the outstanding service our team provided you at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District/Riverfront. We are committed to providing an excellent stay for every guest, and it is wonderful to know we just accomplished that. However, we are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced here. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the respective team. Thanks for choosing us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I booked a room for 4 people. The couch was twin size for 1 person. I asked what am I going to do with my kids? They said 4 people was with crib. Did they want me put my 16 y/o in crib? We had to stay up untill 11pm to get the bedding. 5 calls later. For the price they charge, one would expect good service, accurate room descriptions, better breakfast. Breakfast was really poor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Marina W

Hello Marina W:

We are sorry for the check in issues and food quality that caused your stay to be less than ideal, and we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience they caused. These are certainly not common occurrences at our hotel, and we are sorry you were faced with them during this visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the experience you should have had this time.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is a fairly new hotel. The staff was extra courteous and attentive. We were able to check in early and our room was spacious enough for our family of 4. In addition, it is steps away from the strip of restaurants and shops.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank valenciariley
NorthPoint78, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello valenciariley:

We are pleased you had an excellent stay at the Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations for an outstanding visit, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the greater Atlanta area.

Carlton Hollis

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Conveniently located on the Riverfront for easy access to Riverfront Marketplace and Riverfront Restaurants. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Suite was great for 6 of us -- BUT -- sofa bed was NOT comfortable -- felt like we were sleeping in an incline with our heads sloping downward... Although we did not use -- the full kitchen was an awesome PLUS. Enjoyed watching the various ships on the river. Difficult to see other parts of Savannah without taking a trolley. Savannah was WAY TOo CROWDED for Spring Break! The Trolley Tours were even backed up!

Room Tip: Riverview suite even had a balcony! Definitely enjoyed the view and balcony!
2  Thank ilinoe
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We appreciate the fantastic review of your stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District/Riverfront. We are delighted our service and Southern hospitality convinced you to only choose us when you visit this beautiful historic city. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I reserved a room at the Homewood suites in Savannah two months ago got a confirmation the morning before my arrival, which I double checked and declined the further upgrades, as I had already used 6000 points to upgrade my room to a “Premium Room” with a River Front View. The picture attached here is apparently what they call a “city view room”. In reality There is no view of the city, only a dilapidated building, which is not on the hotels website, and for good reason. The receptionist was obstinate and told me I got what I reserved. I asked to speak to a Manager and she told me that there is no hotel manager on site until midnight and they leave at 7:00 AM. No management on site, really? No solution was offered whatsoever. Horrible customer service.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank David M
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello David Miller:

We appreciate you sharing feedback about your reservation and check-in experience. We are sorry for this inconvenience, assure you this is not a normal occurrence, and that appropriate staff will be notified. We realize the importance of receiving warm and friendly service when traveling, and we promise your next stay with us will be a much more positive experience. Please contact me directly if you have any questions, and gain - thank you for your feedback.