“Better Than Expected”

Corleone's Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Corleone's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 955 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton Street
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I approach Italian restaurants with a fair amount of trepidation, but we were pleasantly surprised tonight. Charming little restaurant, easy walk from our hotel. We were seated immediately even though we arrived earlier than our reservation time.

I ordered the chicken piccata. This was good, but was made better after I added a bit more seasoning. Nevertheless, it was quite good. Hubby always gets spaghetti & meatballs - he's not hard to please, and he was quite happy. The focaccia was very good; light and flavorful. We couldn't finish everything, so we passed on dessert. I would recommend.

2  Thank Jodie K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Oh my word!!! Excellent food and HUGE portions!!! I had the lasagna with meat sauce and it was so wonderful!! Others at the table had spaghetti with meatballs and meat sauce and eggplant parmigiana!! It was all fabulous!!!

1  Thank beckyschwan
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I dined for dinner. We booked a reservation on Open Table and were glad that we did. We ordered the lasagna. It was cheesy and hot! I ordered marinara sauce and my husband ordered meat sauce. He said “it’s a lot of meat.” I also had a cup of their soup of the day: tortellini Parmesan. It had lots of vegetables in it. Wine list was good. Bread was soft. Table next to us ordered the lobster and shrimp ravioli and everyone cleared their plates! Another table ordered chicken Parmesan and it was a huge portion size. I wouldn’t rate it 5 stars for the atmosphere compared to other Savannah restaurants but it was good Italian food.

1  Thank TMH05
Reviewed 9 November 2017

A delightful surprise because most "Italian Rest" are not authentic. This place is and Drew our server made sure we taken care of like family. I will certainly go back when we go to Savannah next year.

2  Thank Gerry818
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Ok.. we came for the marathon! It's packed this weekend... everyone wants to carb load before the race. Years ago I could make reservations. The last few years they told me just come early first come first serve ,so they can get more people in and out. This is understandable since they are missing out on serving more people. So even though I know this I always call months in advance and make sure they haven't gone back to taking reservations. I call when I signed up... in Jan. I was told no reservations. So we show up early and the place is packed. I go to the desk to ask how long the wait is and the guy says... "what is your name" I ask why do you need my name if there are no reservations. He kinda backed peddle... and stated " a few reservations slip in by mistake way back in march"... hummmm! Funny I called in Jan. Sounds like maybe they let some of the people they knew ,make reservations! Anyway our wait time was an hour and a half. So we moved on, found a great restaurant next block up called Belford's! Had a outstanding meal!