“Best Ice Cream Ever ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: No trip to Savannah is complete without a visit to Leopold's Ice Cream! Named One of the Top 10 Ice Cream Parlors in the World, Leopold's is a "Must-Do." You'll love our retro ice cream parlor, complete with old-fashioned soda fountain & friendly soda jerks. Experience a little piece of Hollywood in Savannah as you peruse Stratton Leopold's collection of film posters and props from his 45 plus years in the movie industry! Leopold's Ice Cream was founded in 1919 by three brothers from Greece. They learned the art of candy and dessert from an uncle who had settled in America. The brothers perfected their secret formulas and created the now world-famous Leopold's ice cream. Our ice cream is made in historic, Downtown Savannah, one batch at a time, using family recipes handed down from the Leopold brothers. With our full soda fountain menu & more than 30 flavors available at any given time, we've got something just for you! Gluten Free, Vegan, Allergy Sensitive! Now Shipping Nationwide!
Reviewed 14 May 2019 via mobile

I have eaten way too much ice cream in my 62 years. I’m sort of a connoisseur. This is the best I’ve ever had. Hands down. I don’t know what their recipe is but it is fantastic.

1  Thank Reimer666
Write a reviewReviews (11,382)

Reviewed 13 May 2019

Best ice cream I have ever tasted, flavor wise. AND I actually was able to get tutti-frutti that reminded me of the flavor I had over 60 years ago and haven't found since!

1  Thank James B
Stratton L, Owner at Leopold's Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Dear James B.,
My dad and his brothers created that flavor 100 years ago, right here in Savannah. Thanks for stopping in for a scoop!

Reviewed 13 May 2019

If you take the Old Town Trolley Tours you will go right past it. Located at 212 East Broughton Street, Savannah, GA. Phone number (912)234-442.

We ordered A Turkey and Cheese Sandwich made on wheat bread with Pasta Salad on the side. We would have had chips or carrot sticks. Cost was $7.95. Plenty to eat and we shared it. We also ordered Double scoop of ice cream at $6.00 each. I ordered the Chocolate Chewies & Cream and Lavendar (which i wouldn't order the Lavendar again. Husband had the Chocolate Chewies & Cream and the Tutti Frutti (one of their oldest flavors). They offer Military discount of 25%, just show them your military ID.

There are many different items of food to choose from. Selection is good. Posting a picture of their menu that is posted outside the place. Gets pretty crowded at lunch time which is normal for any of the food places. We arrived a little after 11 am and it wasn't crowded but by the time we left....crowded and out the door line. Melissa was so friendly as were the entire crew. They clean the tables off very quickly. There is quite a few pictures and movie memorabilia through out the place. It was founded by 3 brothers in 1919. The onle brother's youngest sons decided to leave for hollywood to persue his dream, Stratton Leopold. He directed many movies and many famous people.

Please allow pleanty of time so as to enjoy Leopold's completely. Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank lindabP4286CR
Reviewed 13 May 2019

When we first visited Leopold's it was 4 years ago ,we had the enormous pleasure of meeting mr and mrs Leopoldo . Mrs Leopoldo was handing out glasses of water to the queue also menu cards with their huge choice of ice creams. I don t remember how we got chatting to Stratton but we did and he was very interested in chatting to my partner kevin who was at that time flight test engineer on the new Gulf Stream g650 .we revisited that summer a number of times . Last Wednesday we visited again as I was over from the uk and couldn't wait to go to the famous leopolds. There were no menu cards available so it meant waiting till you got to the counter to view the ice cream flavours , but the young server couldn't wait for us to decide which flavour and went on to the next customer. I felt the service was not as good as I had remembered although the ice cream was .

Dear andaces,
I'm so sorry you were disappointed on your last visit. I will check in with our staff this morning to make sure that we have plenty of menus available for guests. I will also remind them that the exceptional customer service we are known for is just as important as the quality of our ice cream. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and do hope you will ask for me when you visit again. I look forward to continuing our chat!

Reviewed 13 May 2019

While in town for a day trip we stopped in with my 1 year old and LOVED the ice cream - worth the acclaim! The line moved quickly - about 15 minutes and the flavors were to die for. It was really nice how the staff kept bringing out ice water to those waiting in line as it was wicked hot/humid on the day we stopped in. My 1 year old had her first ever ice cream here and loved it. Banana all the way! I had the chocolate bourbon flavor which was A+

2  Thank mbcHAMMER