“Simply Charming!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 34 Savannah B&B and Inns
Southport
“Simply Charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

If you are looking for a B&B that is elegant, immaculate, and loaded with old Savannah charm,
the Olde Savannah Inn is an excellent choice. The location within the historic district provides easy access to all of Savannah's attractions. Kathleen outdid herself every morning with her delectable southern breakfasts! Many thanks to Kathleen and Dakota for their hospitality and for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: You will be happy with any room you choose!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Thank you so much for having us.  Our trip was wonderful and we could not have ask for more.  We stayed in the Provence room and LOVED the shower. When we first looked around the room we were confused and wondered where the shower was. It's inside the door that looks like a closet. It was large but inviting and absolutely perfect for two. I've never seen a closet converted to a shower like that before, but I'm restoring my 1913 home and plan to talk with the contractor about doing the same here.

We were disappointed Kathleen was taking a well deserved vacation when we got there after hearing so many lovely things.  But the ladies she had helping were wonderful.  McKenzie was cute and sweet every morning at breakfast. She was nice enough to get us reservations at the Pink House and was an amazing server there as well. Melissa was always friendly, cheerful, and helpful. She brought us water every time we'd come back in hot from walking around town and was always wonderful. We were both very happy to see you get back from your vacation in time for us to say hello and see for ourselves the hospitality everyone talks about.  I hope you and Dakota both are doing well and we look forward to seeing you if we decide to vacation in Savannah again!

Room Tip: The Provence room is the only room with an amazing shower for 2. At least 1 has a tub for 2, but th...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Our recent stay at the Olde Savannah Inn could not have been better! The rooms were wonderful - accommodating in every way. The Innkeeper's hospitality was exceptional as well - she even brought us delicious homemade deserts in the afternoons for a special treat! It was so wonderful to get to know her during our three night stay at the Inn, and she was so helpful to answer any questions we had about directions to any place in the city. We will definitely be going back, it certainly met and went beyond our every expectation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Two friends and I stayed for three nights at the Inn in mid-March 2012 - I would highly recommend the Olde Savannah Inn. I was in the Rennissance Room - beautiful room, spotlessly clean, with an amazing bathroom; claw foot soaking tub/shower - a beautiful mix of modern and 1870's charm. The chandeliers in both the bedroom and the bath were lovely. Free internet and a flat screen TV, Bose radio/player. The comfortable King bed looked like antique walnut and the linens were all five star quality. The room was on the front side of the house, upstairs, but traffic noise was not an issue - I could faintly hear the front courtyard fountain - very restful sound. My friends were in the Provence Room, which is on the Garden level. The room was also beautiful and had the fancy shower room that they loved. That room was also beautifully appointed. That room was also on the front of the house and they enjoyed the sound of the front courtyard fountain. A front, garden entrance is located near that room - very helpful for those with any issues with climbing stairs. The Innkeeper, Kathleen, provided keys to individual doors and to the front doors of the Inn. I saw the Inn's two other rooms, and spoke with guests who stayed in both of those rooms during our stay. With the exception of the young woman who wrote a very negative review, everyone seemed extremely pleased with their rooms, the breakfasts, and the level of service. The photos of the rooms on the Inn's web site are accurate.
Our breakfasts were amazing! French pressed coffee, fresh fruit in crystal, silver flatware - one of my friends remarked that she felt like a queen. Kathleen recognized that we did not drink so she brought us all poundcake and tea to our rooms late in the afternoons, other guests had wine and cheeses. Fresh fruit, water bottles, and fresh cookies were available in the parlor. Kathleen arranged reservations for us at Elizabeths and The Ole Pink House ( I asked her to do that a week in advance of arrival). Both restaurants were amazing. She recommended the Old Town Trolly Tour (one of the get-on, get-off tours); she even had one of their managers pick us up and drive us to the tour origination point. We loved their tour. I had a full size rental car and I had no trouble parking in the Inn's rear parking area; one evening I parked on the street out front - no problem with parking at all. The Inn is on a lovely street of 1860-1880 homes - I did not expect a large parking lot. Forsyth Park is 1 1/2 blocks to the west and the area is very walkable.
The three helpers who Kathleen hired to run the Inn in her absence during the last day of our stay did a great job. They were friendly and positive and went above and beyond with the one guest who appeared to be so unhappy with her life. We all had to deal with her business rants at breakfast on her cell phone, her loud music, door slamming, and her constant, very angry, complaining. It was a good reminder to me to be as kind and gentle as possible when I visit someones home and the Ole Savannah Inn felt very much to me like a beautiful, well-loved home. I would highly recommend the Inn. I have attached a few photos.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I came to Savannah to experience St. Patrick's Day in Savannah. the parade and the festivities lived up to the reputation of being the best. My husband was even able to march along with fellow AOH brothers from NJ. (not planned) Truly the best experience of our trip was The Olde Savannah Inn. The Inn is beautifully appointed with wonderfully French antiques and furniture. We were in the Bellevue Room off the Garden level...beautiful, relaxing and oozed of comfort. You step in the front door and step back in time to the genteel south. the welcoming committee of an aspiring future photo journalist, her mother starting a new life and finally a dog rescuer were the ultimate hostesses. Kathleen, the proprietor sees to the needs of her guests and runs her inn to perfection. The breakfasts are a gastronomical delight that stay with you all day. The whipped cream for the chocolate chip pancakes...to die for! When we come back to Savannah (and we will!), The Olde Savannah is the only place will we stay.
My advise to Kathleen, the attorney from Atlanta who could not be satisfied....Go stay at the Hilton.
Lori and Terry, Phildelphia, PA

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms in this Inn. Depending on what the occasion you can indulge yourself or you c...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles