“Simply delicious!!”

Ranked #37 of 941 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Habersham
Description: Serving hungry devotees since 2007, B. Matthew's is a locally loved hidden gem nestled in historic Savannah, GA. Home of one of the oldest standing taverns in the Southeast, this little eatery boasts impressive accolades, awards, & praise for their Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Brunch.
Reviewed 2 December 2017

So I just randomly searched "great breakfast in Savannah" and one of the top three listed was B Matthew's. It was not the closest to me, but I liked what I read on reviews. My wife and I decided to try it out and we loved it!! The hostess was nice, the server was super nice and the food was awesome! A steady flow of patrons is always a good sign and we witnessed that the whole time. I got biscuits and gravy with bacon...best bacon I have had in a long time. My wife got the Bay Street scramble and loved it. Highly recommend this eatery for breakfast and I will try lunch or dinner on a future visit.

Abbey G, Manager at B Matthew's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thanks for recommending us! So happy to hear you had a great time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This is the best breakfast we had on our stay in Savannah. The fried green tomatoes were a real treat. On our last morning, we asked for lunch to go and they were very accommodating.

Abbey G, Manager at B Matthew's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thanks, Marla! We’re so glad we could help make your visit to Savannah special. Come try our dinner menu the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Our party of 5 was seated rapidly and service from our server and staff was efficient and friendly. Our orders were slightly customized subbing fruit for potatoes and wheat toast for biscuits. Orange juice was fresh and coffee was food. The food was food and not too expensive. Our kids reinforced the only downside that there were no pancakes or waffles on the menu. Location was conveniently located a fee minutes walk from the Harborside Inn as well.

Thanks for your feedback, David! We serve pancakes on weekdays but we can’t offer them on the weekends due to the volume of guests we have for brunch. They are thick and fluffy so they simply take too long to cook on the grill. It is our priority to serve top notch food in a timely manner. I’m sorry this dampened your visit with us. I hope we can serve you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

loved the food and atmosphere. Old Savannah feel with great spaces and a cool little bar. Was a bit warm but the food was great and so was the service. Will come back

Abbey L, Manager at B Matthew's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review! We’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I know it’s hard eating out with kids, but this is a really nice place, expensive. Toddler screamed for 15 mins before we left. Staff should have said something.

1  Thank BlondePhD

Thank you for your feedback! We try not to intervene with families who are dining with us unless it’s absolutely necessary but I’m sorry to hear this dampened your experience with us. We hope you’ll come back and give us another shot to give you a really nice visit with us sometime soon!