“Excellent Southern Food!”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 25 - USD 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Definitely recommend this place. The crawfish beignets were very tasty. She crab soup was delicious. Wife's shrimp and grits were "best ever"...and she has had that dish everywhere from New Orleans to Charleston. I had the flounder and it was delicious. Split the praline cheesecake for dessert. Will definitely be back next time we come to Savannah.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,775)

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My husband and I visited Savannah for the St Patrick's Day celebration. It is a very crowded time in Savannah but everyone at Vic's on the River were on top of their game. Our server was friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. I had the rack of lamb and it was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. The pecan pie is home made there and scrumptious!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We arrived before the dinner crowd and so glad we did. The food was good (I had the Po Boy sandwich...very filling), the best part was not feeling rushed, and we were so well tended to by the staff. The atmosphere with people coming in, tall ceilings, dining chatter and a piano player really made it a nice place to eat.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Met a friend here for a meal - both of us ordered the Pecan Encrusted Flounder - which was a wee bit tasteless. I still enjoyed it, but could have used a little more flavor - maybe some more spices? The wait person was a little bit cynical - which I think he thought was funny, but he came across as a little overdone on the humor end of things.
When yu go to a higher priced restaurant, then you expect the food to be tasty and the service not on the cusp of being snotty.... I would return, but make sure I didn't have the same waiter or order the same dish.

Thank N. J. M
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This is a very popular restaurant in Savannah with a great location and views of the river. We had the Fried Green Tomatoes for appetizer and the Fried Chicken and Crap Soup. The food was delicious. The Fried green tomatoes were the best we ever had.

The problem was the waiter was not good. He was slow to come in to take our order and the appetizer and luck came out at the same time. The lady that brought the food said "I apologize that we we brought this so quick". To me apologies would have been not charging for the appetizer as we had to eat it quick so the lunch did not get cold.

I would consider giving them another try as the food was delicious.