1,290 results
All reviews rooftop bar top deck the river hardwood floors cotton warehouse beautiful hotel boutique hotel valet parking small balcony high ceilings a river view room perfect location street level valet service container ships historic district within walking distance
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Cotton Sail Hotel for one night. We paid over $300 for the room and for that price we got a street level room where we could not open our blinds and a ton of noise. The room had a buzzing sound even when we turned off the air conditioning. We asked to be moved and got another room on the same level where once again we could not open our blinds. If we did, everyone on the street could see right into our room. This room did not have the buzzing noise but the air conditioning was so loud and blew so hard, we needed to turn it off when we went to sleep.
Apparently they are doing some construction on the first floor as the room needed some paint touch up.
Overall we did not feel like we got our money’s worth.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

This hotel looked really cute online so we booked. The hotel is cute when you walk in the lobby, I love the original exposed brick and industrial feel. However, when entering our room (also with exposed original brick and old wood flooring) we were hit with an overwhelming musky/moldy smell. It reminded me of visiting a very old wine cellar in a basement, for instance. Understandable due to the age of the building, but very off putting when you're sleeping in there. Also, everything seemed somewhat damp. It was honestly so bad that when I returned home from our trip everything in my suitcase reeked! The room was also not cleaned very well... Be aware that it's a little loud at times, I wore ear plugs to sleep and was still awakened by honking around 6am, but we expected that being on the river/downtown... If you are parking your car at their valet, know that they park the cars at a parking garage "close by", but when a few people are waiting for valet it takes a while to get your car. We called ahead from our room and still waited 20-30 minutes for our car after we got downstairs... they do not offer any type of "room service", they have a customer Keurig coffee machine near the front desk where you can buy snacks and they serve "Country Time" pink lemonade mix in the lobby. They just started a small breakfast service in a meeting room upstairs though that was decent - not included though, of course. Their rooftop bar was nice to grab a cocktail and watch the sunset before dinner... All in all, it really felt like we were staying in a lower budget hotel with a $360+ nightly rate! Not worth it, unfortunately!

Room Tip: River view isn't worth the extra costs.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The young gentlemen that was the valet was great, helpful with local information, let us see a room (not the one that was rented to us). The view of the river is great from the small balcony that's on the room. Started to go downhill pretty quick from here. Front desk had no personality, when I asked about parking options I got a sarcastic; you can park on the street for $2.00 and hour! We were given another room other than what we were shown. Once in that room it was terribly musty smelling. The air conditioner in the room spit condensation which required us to place a towel on the floor, to not slip. The bathroom requires you to do the "foxtrot" in order to open and close the shower door, bathroom door interferes. The atmosphere of the room is not bad, original floors, trim moulding, windows, etc. I observed earplugs on the night stand which should have been a tip off, around 3 AM the delivery trucks started and continued pretty much till 6 or 7 AM. If your looking for quit rest spot this is not the place. At check out the rate was different than what we researched on the internet, about $60.00, when I question and requested the internet rate, we were denied. (that's my bad for not establishing the up front charge, won't happen again). Other than that the city is beautiful and we had a great time.

Room Tip: would not recommend.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Located in the riverfront this hotel is perfect for a Savannah visit. Rooftop views of the river are an added bonus. Rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Desk service was excellent. Would gladly stay here again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

While the room was clean and the bed comfortable, I don't think the River view is worth so much, I mean it's not Central Park or the Grand Canyon.

Getting the room cleaned was unbelievably slow. We left at 5am one morning and returned at 4pm, room wasn't clean, even with putting out the sign. We were the 4 days and the room was cleaned 2 times.

The air conditioning is inside and not central air. The noise is a high pitch whine all night. The toilet flushed fine, but was loud while refilling for 5 minutes.

The shower was great. Bring your own soap. They were 1 inch square. I'd feel really sorry for a large person.

The lobby provides lemonade, and thats it!

Basically this hotel is just a la Quinta at twice the price. More like a Motel.

$30 per night to park? Where am I? San Francisco?

The Bohemian is right next door and worth the money, and so is the Hyatt.