1,276 results
All reviews rooftop bar top deck the river hardwood floors cotton warehouse beautiful hotel boutique hotel valet parking small balcony high ceilings a river view room perfect location street level valet service container ships historic district restaurants and shops
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Terrible nights sleep.

It’s a nice hotel with lovely wooden floors. What’s not good is when the person in the room above you wheels their case around after midnight & continually drop things on the floor. Wooden floor fail. I was woken at 05:58 by hammering. Thought it was part of a dream but when you are awake staring at the clock at 05:59 you realise it’s not. It went on for 2 minutes. Called the front desk to outline the noise above and around the room to be told there has been no hammering. More hammering at 07:30. My wife heard it this time so I didn’t imagine it. Called desk again and said it was outside work. Today is Thanksgiving. Really. I heard it and didn’t imagine it. Hopefully the manager will be more accommodating at 9am. I went for a walk around the hotel & no construction work was going on anywhere. Went down at 9 to the desk to speak to the manager and there was no manage on duty as it was Thanksgiving. Why say there is one on if there isn’t going to be one ? Others were working thanksgiving so where is a manager when you need one. Told to email him and he may pick it up the next day. Not good enough . After a complaint they refunded the valet fee but they just would not have it the hammering came from inside the hotel. It came from outside. No it didn’t.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete O
HOSMANAGEMENT, Night Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Pete O,
We truly apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay more.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

The Savannah Historic District is hopping and this is a great hotel for taking advantage of that. I booked midweek stays and it was quite reasonable. The room was large and comfortable and quiet. The ice machine was next door and compact with crunchy ice.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ltmc01

Greetings Ltmc01,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback about your most recent visit to the Cotton Sail Hotel. I have shared your kind words with our team and we are all so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us while visiting beautiful Savannah, Georgia. Again, thank you and we look forward to having the pleasure of accommodating you in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights. First night was Thanksgiving. I had that night on a Travelzoo deal and the second night we paid full price. Full price with tax was just south of $300.00.
This hotel has no in room ammentities like a refrigerator. There are 2 on the premises but they are 1st come 1st served . We were told if one became available the 2nd day they would put it in our Room which did not happen but I stopped the housekeeping manager in the hallway and he said that there was one in a Room that was not being used so he gave it to us. The only reason we got the refrigerator was because I went out and found it myself .
I had to have two separate reservations because one one booked through Travelzoo but it wasd understood we were staying in the same room....or so we thought. The topic had been discussed to death but sure enough the first morning the desk attendant walked right into our room at 11:05 without knocking! I was just stepping out of the shower! To say that was a very horrifying confrontation is an understatement .
Is the returning the 2nd day to a Room we found out that the only thing they did was make the bed and leave us one small piece of soap . They never gave us additional coffee or shampoo or bother to clean out the shower stall or anything, just left a couple of towels.
I have posted 2 pictures of what we had to look at the entire time we were there . We had to call the hotel manager because when we told the front desk that we did not get the room we paid for, which is advertised as a river view room and we had a cruise ship in our face, the manager at the desk asked us what we wanted him to do about it !
Seriously?
Apparently the hotel manager is off-site so it was like talking to the Great Oz and he actually tried to tell us that they cannot control ships that park at the dock in front of the hotel . Until we pointed out that they advertise river views did he say that he would credit us $30.00. After spending almost $500.00 at this hotel I would suggest that you go down River St a bit and sdoend less money and actually see the river.
On the plus side, the people working there could not be nicer, albeit ignorant of job decorum.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen A
HOSMANAGEMENT, Night Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hello Ellen A,
We truly apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary corrections regarding the housekeeping issues you experienced. There are several pros and cons with the ongoing growth and development of our fine port city and one maybe the ability of larger ships allowed to enter our port and obstruct our views occasionally. We hope that this will never detract from the beautiful and historic feel of our city. I hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Second stay in two years, both Thanksgiving week. Disappointed in the room this time. At check in when we went to our room the blackout curtain and drapes in one area were hanging down. Went to front desk next morning to report issue and expected to have the issue resolved by the time we returned to the room late in the afternoon. Problem had not been rectified. Wall across from bed had a stain running down the wall..looked like coffee or soda. In bathroom the magnifying mirror had damaged the wall behind it, large scrape in the wall. Bathroom door had a chunk of paint missing and there was a hole in the wood floor between the beds. The air and heat did not function correctly..set at 72 at night, you woke up sweating in the middle of the night. Housekeeping came into the room while we were out Wednesday, but didn't bother to straighten up the bed and the cleaning cart was always found in the hallway day and night, unsightly! ! Paid for a river view, but a river cruise ship arrived on Thanksgiving morning and was still there when we left Friday morning..Not hotels fault, but we did loose the river view and it would have been nice to have been advised about the ship..it was very large. Maybe on our next trip we will try The Bohemian next door to The Cotton Sail Hotel. I was really looking forward to staying at The Cotton Sail Hotel again, but was very disappointed! !

Room Tip: River view with balcony
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunsetBeachComber

Hello SunsetBeachComber,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback caught my attention and I would like to apologize for the detractors you experienced. Your concerns have been shared with the appropriate leadership for immediate attention. Should it be an inkling of chance that you return to The Cotton Sail Hotel again, please reach out to me directly as I would like to ensure that your visit will exceed expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Wonderful hotel right on the river, rooms are perfect size, amenities are above standard. Prices are reasonable. Best location on River front walking distance to very nice restaurants and squares. Daily valet reasonable too.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les C

Dear Les C.
Thank you for taking time to share some comments about your recent visit with us. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the perfect score and wish you happy travels wherever you may go.

Regards,