1,960 results
All reviews moon pie rc cola krispy kreme donuts retro feel retro motel great retro retro theme historic district fun place to stay within walking distance close to downtown downtown savannah bed was comfortable walked everywhere river street definitely stay here again city market
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel. It was nice to be able to walk to things. They provided cola and moon pies upon arrival, which the kids really enjoyed. The staff at the front desk were very nice and helpful. It was a great stay for the reasonable price and it was easy to locate.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RHarer
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us. So glad you loved the moonpie on the pillow!

Mark

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I love this place. It’s not the fanciest of motels but it is very nice and clean and updated. Plus they allow pets and are super friendly. When I come to savannah this is where I always stay because they are so friendly and accommodating.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel looks very nice, staff is very friendly (although the trainee was a bit different). At the outside there is music which is a little loud and it keeps on playing till late at night so you hear the music when you try to sleep. Breakfast is nothing more than coffee and donuts which was not so nice for us, expected a real breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank sanooknl
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I booked this hotel several months ago for a Labor Day weekend trip. I was contacted about a month before my trip to advise me that due to an external problem the hotel was flooded and they would not be up and running by my reservation date. They then contacted me and let me know that they had booked me in a nearby hotel at the same rate, and they would be taking care of any difference in price. We were set up at a nearby hotel and the hotel staff was above and beyond friendly and accommodating! Kudos to the Thunderbird for being so attentive and booking us at a great location nearby! Next trip to Savannah I will be sure to book with you!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We booked our reservations through Groupon. As the hotel didn't have our number , they had no way to reach us. We got there and the place was closed! One of the staff met us and explained the water situation and told us that we had been rebooked at the Quality Inn around the corner. We srre disappointed, we were really looking forward to staying there. We may try again next year, but we will call first!

Room tip: Confirm that the issues have been resolved
Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindie B