“EXCELLENT customer service!”

The Thunderbird Inn
Ranked #33 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I booked this hotel several months ago for a Labor Day weekend trip. I was contacted about a month before my trip to advise me that due to an external problem the hotel was flooded and they would not be up and running by my reservation date. They then contacted me and let me know that they had booked me in a nearby hotel at the same rate, and they would be taking care of any difference in price. We were set up at a nearby hotel and the hotel staff was above and beyond friendly and accommodating! Kudos to the Thunderbird for being so attentive and booking us at a great location nearby! Next trip to Savannah I will be sure to book with you!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We booked our reservations through Groupon. As the hotel didn't have our number , they had no way to reach us. We got there and the place was closed! One of the staff met us and explained the water situation and told us that we had been rebooked at the Quality Inn around the corner. We srre disappointed, we were really looking forward to staying there. We may try again next year, but we will call first!

Room Tip: Confirm that the issues have been resolved
Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindie B
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Got an email from the Thunderbird Inn saying my September reservation was cancelled and they were sorry. Called the hotel and was told the same thing, no options for alternative hotels or any advice. So I and my friend cancelled our trips at $200 expense each (after making sure there was no hotel in the historic district we could get at a decent rate on such short notice). A week later I get a call from Crystal telling me that we had been moved to another hotel. I was stunned and explained the email and previous call with the Thunderbird Inn and Crystal just said "I am so sorry, I am going to have a manager call you back about this tomorrow". Tomorrow was 5 days ago. I am so disappointed in the Thunderbird Inn's response to this that when I do re-book, I will probably (and sadly) have to find a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017

No complaints! Loved the oldies playing in the parking lot and the RC and Moon Pies..great retro decor...friendly service...eco friendly shampoo and soap dispensers...and we walked EVERYWHERE safely! (Even at 1 in the morning lol)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I booked this hotel in May for a Girl Scout trip to Savannah to visit the Juliette Lowe House. We get to the hotel and it is closed, with a sign on the door saying it was closed due to water damage. I contacted the number on the sign, got a 3rd party answering service, and was left with no place for my troop to stay and at midnight Im having to find a new place to stay. We were there the last week of July and to this date I have not heard from the hotel. Luckily enough I booked through a third party vendor so I was able to get my money back, but I do not feel the hotel handled the situation well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family