1,915 results
All reviews moon pie rc cola krispy kreme donuts retro feel retro motel free popcorn retro theme great retro greyhound station historic district fun place to stay within walking distance close to downtown road noise downtown savannah bed was comfortable river street
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Got an email from the Thunderbird Inn saying my September reservation was cancelled and they were sorry. Called the hotel and was told the same thing, no options for alternative hotels or any advice. So I and my friend cancelled our trips at $200 expense each (after making sure there was no hotel in the historic district we could get at a decent rate on such short notice). A week later I get a call from Crystal telling me that we had been moved to another hotel. I was stunned and explained the email and previous call with the Thunderbird Inn and Crystal just said "I am so sorry, I am going to have a manager call you back about this tomorrow". Tomorrow was 5 days ago. I am so disappointed in the Thunderbird Inn's response to this that when I do re-book, I will probably (and sadly) have to find a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura A
Reviewed 23 August 2017

No complaints! Loved the oldies playing in the parking lot and the RC and Moon Pies..great retro decor...friendly service...eco friendly shampoo and soap dispensers...and we walked EVERYWHERE safely! (Even at 1 in the morning lol)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I booked this hotel in May for a Girl Scout trip to Savannah to visit the Juliette Lowe House. We get to the hotel and it is closed, with a sign on the door saying it was closed due to water damage. I contacted the number on the sign, got a 3rd party answering service, and was left with no place for my troop to stay and at midnight Im having to find a new place to stay. We were there the last week of July and to this date I have not heard from the hotel. Luckily enough I booked through a third party vendor so I was able to get my money back, but I do not feel the hotel handled the situation well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank carmen s
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Like many others have mentioned, the Thunderbird had a major flooding issue when of the city's sewer lines backed up in mid July and forced the hotel to close completely down. We booked our our room about a week or so before this happened and had no clue it was closed on the day of our arrival. We were met outside by a manager named Jessica. She told us that since we booked through Orbitz, someone there should have contacted us and rebooked us at another hotel. She invited us into a make shift office in one of the rooms and helped us contact Orbitz. She was GREAT! 1) She insisted Orbitz place us in a room in the same area of the Thunderbird. 2) She personally called another hotel and asked them to hold a room for us. When Orbitz said they couldn't find us a room, she told them there was one waiting for us. 3) She made sure that we weren't change more for the new room. 4) She let us park at the Thunderbird for free. The other hotel wanted $30 a day.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to stay at the Thunderbird but I'm really impressed how the situation was handled. We also got a chance to see what a room there looks like. Very cute, nice retro feel. We would definitely consider booking here again.

For anyone interested, the hotel we were moved to was the Fairfield on MLK. The staff was amazingly friendly. They knew why were being relocated and were very quick and accommodating. Room was new, clean, and modern. I would considering stay here again also.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eirila
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Our family was thrilled to have found a hotel with such a fun theme. Imagine our surprise upon check-in that the hotel was closed due to water damage! Without letting us know ahead of time, the hotel moved our reservation to another property. The staff was friendly and apologetic about the whole situation, but we were soured with the lack of forethought. To add insult to injury, we weren't offered any of the fun extras to take over to the other hotel. It was disappointing all around.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family