“Best seafood we experienced”

River House Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
River House Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 921 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 15 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Experience genuine Savannah flavor while dining in an 1820's King Cotton Warehouse watching the merchant ships float by. Enjoy local favorites such as crispy scored flounder, shrimp & grits, filet mignon and fresh lobster. Save room for our signature desserts including praline cheesecake, pecan pie and bananas foster.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Good menu, but entrees not priced out of line. More upscale than others in the area. Had the mahi over orzo. Delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Thirty-three years ago we visited and had the Chatham Artillery Punch. The bar is enlarged and updated but the charm remains; Punch is unchanged. Oysters were fantastic as were the snails. Enjoyed fried green tomatoes, filet sliders, crab dip and oyster poboys (there were 3 of us). Great local beer on draft. Overall...hard to beat.

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 31 October 2017

On our last day in Savannah we took the elevator down to the riverside front. We had tried on several occasions to find parking in order to enjoy the walk, shops and find a place to eat a late lunch. As my dad in unable to walk and on a Go Go, it was a challenge to navigate the cobbled streets. Once down the elevator, we turned left and took in the war memorial and adjacent to it is the River House Seafood Restaurant. The menu looked great with a lot on offer for those like myself who do not eat fish and also a great variety of seafood dishes. I asked if there was access for my dad, and sure enough there was. We were also offered a coupon for free Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetiser. We were taken in and given a comfortable table for four and our waitress, Lesli was sprightly, warm and super efficient. My step mother and I started with Peach margaritas that were indeed peachy. My husband and dad had a few of their locally brewed IPAs and were very happy with the hoppiness. The Fried Green tomatoes were very tasty-the batter was light, with a lovely sauce and goats cheese. My husband enjoyed a cup of the crab and lobster bisque. We all enjoyed a basket of warm bread with two spreads, one butter and the other with blue cheese and scallion. The start of the meal and Lesli's enthused answers to all our questions was excellent. The only issue was with some of the food. My dad loved his bowl of bisque and Cesar salad. He had added a crab cake that was burnt on the outside, but he was pleased with all of the crab meat inside. The fish and chips were of a generous portion. My husband and I shared a plate of fried chicken, that was only okay-a bit oily; it came with mac and cheese-a little cold and okay as well and collard greens-again, okay. We ordered some Parmesan grits, and they too were just a little too cold, but had a nice flavour. The prices, for the location especially, are in line with most restaurants; but, we did dine from their lunch menu and the prices to jump considerably for dinner. I do think that I would dine here again and just ask that our food is all piping hot because the service was so excellent.

1  Thank TravellingVolup
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Read good review so made reservations there for our nice dinner. Service was very good. Waiter did not ask if we wanted a drink. Fried green tomatoes were very good but very small portion for two. Bisque was tasty. I had the caesar side salad and there were pieces of ice in my salad. I was very disappointed with my entree of Stuffed Flounder. There was no flavor at all and it sat on a bed of plain pasta. I did not taste garlic butter at all. My husband had the crispy scored flounder. We both thought the bread with blue cheese spread was best item we had. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Make sure you visit this restaurant. It is a very nice atmosphere with a happy hour all
Day . Very friendly staff ! I was greeted outside and greeted right away by Patrice .
She is super and very attentive with everyone . She has a great personality and hope she gets recognized by management .i visit savannah often and
I will be sure to see if she is working again
On my next visit mid November . Diane