“Worth a Visit”

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you want an enjoyable meal in an old wharehouse building where cotton was traded in the 1800's I would recommend the Cotton Exchange Tavern & Restaurant. My husband and I were definitely inspired to choose an authentic Southern meal in this setting. We shared an appetizer of Fried Green Tomatoes, which was tangy and delicious without being greasy or heavily battered. I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing the Shrimp and Grits (presented as a grilled cake, similar in form to a crab cake). My husband had the blackened red snapper which was well cooked and not overly spicey. The meals were moderately priced. Go and enjoy a good meal along the Savannah Riverfront.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We asked the hotel clerk "where do you like to go to eat?" and he named a couple of places. He told us he takes his out of town guests here since it is by the River Front. While it is frequented by many tourists, the prices are not as high as the other restaurants in that area. I had crab chowder and the crab dip. Very good. My husband had the ribeye and it had good flavor (I swiped a piece when he wasn't looking). The Bloody Mary was wonderfully spicy.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We came here after Tip told us about it from the day before. We are so glad we did. Although we didn't get to sit in her section we did get Jam who was amazing and fun too. Both of them checked in with us to make sure we were good and enjoying ourselves. Food was amazing. Shrimp and grits, spinach dip, Jack fire shots and the Georgia peach lemonade mmmmm my mouth is watering again. Views were nice. It's sits right on river street. Very charming. Make sure you ask for Jam or Tip. You will be sure to have a good time.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The blonde-haired hostess skipped my party and seated three parties before us. When I asked her about it, she attempted to come up with a lie. The manager, who looked deshevled, didn't give a hoot when we mentioned it to him. The server, another story....The food was not good. Never again!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

From the outside, this place doesn’t look like much. But it’s actually pretty big inside. Big lower level with a small upper level. Old time brick interior.

A lot of traditional southern dishes. Shrimp and grits were delicious (though a little light on sausage). Shrimp Po Boy was good as was the French dip.

Lots of beers to choose from too such as local brews and even bourbon ale.

They have peach cobbler but we were too full to try it. Maybe next time.