“Friendly and knowledgeable staff ”

Perry Rubber Bike Shop
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I live in Savannah and often stop by Perry Rubber Bike Shop just to look around and see what is new. I have bought several items and recently I needed a manual tire pump. The sales person helped me pick out a model that was exactly what I needed rather than the most expensive one. The store is in a great downtown location and if I need service and/or parts and at a later date, a new bike I will definitely stop there first.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We had been in the market for new bikes and happened into Perry Rubber Bike Shop. During our first visit, we were encouraged to take bikes out then and try them out. It happened to be too cool for us and we were not appropriately dressed for that adventure. However, we got incredible information and made our way back to this shop and bought our new bikes. We got great deals on our Specialized bikes and had wonderful customer service. This is an awesome shop and you can't go wrong here if you're looking for personal, friendly service.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We happened upon the Bike Shop and decided to stop in. We were on the bikes within a matter of 10 minutes! We chose to rent 1/2 day. The fee was reasonable and we enjoyed our bike ride to Bonaventure Cemetery. Easy in and out from start to finish.

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

This bike shop had great beach cruiser type bikes with hand brakes...new and comfortable. Service was superb! They offer half and full day rentals. We chose half (10a-2p) and covered a lot of ground stopping at the Cathedral, Forsyth Park Green Market (Sat) and had lunch at The Distillery. What a great day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I was on vacation in Savannah with my disabled wife (she has MS) in early March 2015. Her motorized scooter developed a leak in the rear tire. I stopped by Perry Rubber Bike Shop and asked if they could fix it. Obviously, I realized they wouldn't have an inner tube that size. Fortunately, the store sells repair kits (little boxes with glue and patches you can affix to stop a leak). I asked the fellow at the back of the store to fix it using one of the kits. He refused. He said the store will not use repair kits to fix an inner tube. Reasonable policy--in normal circumstances. Why fix a tube that might spring a leak later? You might as well use a new inner tube, right? Of course that wasn't an option with the scooter wheel. Where on Earth am I going to find such an inner tube in this town?
I said I would pay for the repair and write a note absolving the store of any future responsibility/liability if the tube sprung a leak a hundred yards down the sidewalk. Still, the guy at the back refused. I asked for the owner. He pointed to a fellow, talking with a customer. I barged in (I was pretty damn irate at this point; I am normally not that ill-mannered) and explained the situation--albeit in a very heated manner. He listened and backed up your repair guy and refused to do the work.
Hey, I wasn't asking it to be done for free; I was more than willing to pay for it and, as I mentioned before, I wouldn't hold the store responsible if the patch didn't last. I just didn't want to be stranded with my disabled wife on the sidewalk in front of your store in Savannah.
Sorry, no dice. The owner did relent and lend my an adjustable spanner, so I bought the repair kit, took off the tire in front of the store, inflated the inner tube, used a puddle across the street to find out where the leak was, patched it, reinstalled the inner tube, put the tire back on and away we went.
I've been to 20 countries or so, including Russia, Egypt, a lot of Europe, 23 states in the US, all 10 Canadian provinces and this is the customer experience that ticked me off the most.
I am attaching a photo of me repairing the tire in front of the bike store.

7  Thank PierreHD