“Great Outdoor seating!”

Ranked #12 of 954 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Driftaway Cafe specializes in "casual coastal cuisine" with an emphasis on flavor and fun! Driftaway Cafe was created out of the desire to serve the surrounding neighborhoods and businesses fresh local seafood in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Our vision was to offer our guests a quick bite to "eat out" or the opportunity to stay and "dine" whether or not it is a quick taco with a cold beer or one of our featured nightly entrees with a nice bottle of wine. We were set to open on September 11th, 2001! What a horrible day that was for all Americans. We postponed our opening so that terrible day would not be our anniversary. Needless to say, our first year was quite a challenge, but with the support of God, friends and family we continue to strive forward everyday. We specialize in made to order fresh local seafood dishes, fresh garden salads along with a variety of appetizers and sandwiches. Our talented Kitchen staff showcases their skills with nightly entree specials. We are known for our friendly atmosphere and our fun environment. We feature live music a few nights a week and have been blessed with a great staff and a regular repeat clientele! Driftaway Cafe Is a locally owned restaurant located near the Wormsloe Plantation and the historic Isle of Hope. Owners, Robyn and Michele, have been in business together for the last two decades in Savannah. They work hard as a team and have developed a great staff that have been taught to treat each person that walks through the doors not as just another customer, but as a guest in their own home. They work hard to instill a passion for food, fun, flavor and family into everyone they meet!
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The food here is normally very good and our waitress was fabulous.
Don't order the french dip - otherwise no complaints

Robyn Q, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our outdoor dining area and that your server took good care of you. Our French Dip is a very popular menu item and is made to order using thinly sliced prime rib and melted provolone cheese on a classic Amorosa's bakery hoagie roll. Please email me at driftawaycafe@comcast.net and tell me more about why you would not order it again. I sincerely appreciate input from all of my guests.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

My wife and I shared two appetizers--the wedge salad and the crab cakes. Outstanding--Perfect combination!

Thanks for giving us such a nice five star review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and I look forward to serving you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Small place with lots of character and good food, good wait staff. Nice outdoor sitting area with tropical feel.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

We live in The Landings and everyone here knows about Driftaway and dines there. You always see someone you know when you eat there!!

Robyn Q, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. It is nice to know our local and loyal regular patrons like yourself enjoy Driftaway as much as those here visiting our beautiful city. We truly appreciate all of our Landings neighbors! Thanks for your continued support and patronage. I look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We frequent this restaurant as it is only a mile or so from our house. This place never disappoints!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a nice review here on Trip Advisor. I am grateful for my regular guests and loyal patrons like yourself. I truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.