“Tastes of the south”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Loved Mrs. Wilkes - I lined up early, travelling alone I was soon in conversation with others in the line, all eager to try the southern food and family style eating. We weren't disappointed. Loved the food and the conversation was great too. My highlights of southern cooking - fried chicken, sweet potatoe and collard greens - delicious! And the peach cobbler was fabulous. I will definitely return if I'm in Savannah again,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,402)

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to Savannah for the past 4 years on the same weekend as our annual getaway. We always come up on Thursday and always seem to forget about going on Friday. This time we jumped into the line and got in so we could experience the family style dining offered at Mrs Wilkes. This place is great !!! Lived up to the reputation that we had heard for years. The food is good and you will not leave hungry. The service was great, everyone is there to help and make sure you get everything you want. My wife and I would recommend Mrs Wilkes to anyone that is inquiring about going, don't miss the opportunity to get fed like it is a holiday everyday. If you questioning it, don't just go and get full.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Sorry, Mrs. Wilkes' granddaughter was lovely but after waiting 3 hours, food wasn't worth it at all...Just not worth it, 43 sides and 'fair' fried chicken and you have to clean up your own dishes...Not worth it...CAsh only also!

2  Thank NancyM07
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I was told by several people that I must go to Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room and I am so happy I did. The 30 minute wait outside was so worth the southern deliciousness. Upon entering the dining room the table was set for ten people with platters of fried chicken, potatoes, vegetables, biscuits and so much more. Sitting with strangers around this table of wonderful food quickly made us feel like old friends. Get to know the people in front of you and in back of you while in line because you will be breaking those biscuits together. Super friendly staff and Mrs. Wilkes granddaughter will be sure to stop by and say hi to you. A must go to in Savannah. Enjoy!

1  Thank TomZ05
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We heard about this place from the TSA agent at the airport. He was jealous we were going to Savannah because he wanted to go the Mrs. Wilkes. I never heard of it so we thought we should try it. We drove by one day ahead to find out about how long you had to wait in line and when to get in line. We decided to get in line at 10 for the 11:00 opening and on that day the line filled up slower. The day before the line was longer. We sat with two men who have been eating there for 47 years. They were friendly and great to talk to. The other people we sat with we met while waiting in line so it was nice to have conversations while eating. We met some nice people over great food. All the food was fabulous, but the chicken really is the best chicken I have ever had. All the servers were nice and friendly and you could eat however much you wanted and they would get you more. This was better than a Thanksgiving meal. Truly the treasure of Savannah to eat here. Cash only too, so plan ahead.

2  Thank 2logcabin