“Great food and atmosphere”

Chive Sea Bar & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 9 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inspired by the decadence of the 1920s, Chive Sea Bar & Lounge offers a unique dining affair in Savannah's Historic District. Located on bustling Broughton Street, Chive is a refreshing change of pace for those seeking an intimate experience like no other, for special occasions or a weekday wind down. Our signature vintage cocktails made with top-shelf favorites are perfectly paired with dishes incomparable to any fare served downtown. Chive Sea Bar & Lounge is the ideal place for the Southern pace, bringing the classic to the contemporary.
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Very cozy and chic restaurant and bar/lounge with modern decor and intimate feel. The food was great, we had the stuffed flounder and vegetable risotto and mango avocado salad. All were flavorful and great portion size not huge but not tiny. Dessert was yummy too. Service was attentive without being disruptive. Prices on point with the food quality.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Amazing... The atmosphere was playful and romantic. It takes you back in time... The she crab soup...wow!!! May I get into the bowl? Dinner was the Kobi fish topped with crab on a bed of amazing risotto. What can I say.. one of the best seafood experiences. Well done!

Reviewed 5 days ago

What a gem in historic Savannah! I popped in for a quick lunch and was both surprised and delighted by all the charm the Chive had to offer! I was greeted immediately upon entering with an elegant excitement by both the lunch server and bartender. I was bewildered by the beautiful sea blue decor, steely chandeliers and gorgeous bar set. Ann Marie, my bartender for the day was warm, welcoming and delivered intuitive and refined service. She makes a mean cocktail as well! I was hesitant with my lunch selection but Ann Marie did not steer me wrong by suggesting the pan-seared Snapper and parm risotto! The fish was cooked and seasoned perfectly and sat atop a cheesy mound of spring vegetable studded risotto. The portion size was just right and at $10 a true gourmet steal! Service was fast and personable, a plus for any of you wishing for a great business lunch spot! Please stop in on your next visit for lunch, dinner or just a hand-crafted cocktail with Ann Marie; this Savannah show-stopper is not to be missed!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I chose this restaurant based on the reviews and interesting looking menu. We left underwhelmed. The octopus was tough and inedible, when our server asked how it was I mentioned it wasn’t cooked well and she just shrugged said well octopus is one of those tricky dishes. Hmmm no it isn’t if you know how to do it right. The lobster and shrimp spring rolls were a bit greasy and no taste of lobster or shrimp that I could detect. The sea bass was cooked perfectly However it had the same sauce and same plating as the special of the night which was the snapper. The dishes should not have the same exact sauce and plating at these prices.

1  Thank happytraveler2006
Sarah C, Manager at Chive Sea Bar & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you for your review; we appreciate the feedback!

We always strive for excellence in our restaurant, and are sorry that this was not your experience. We will speak with our staff and retrain them immediately.

Kindly,
Sarah

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stopped for a quick bit and a glass of wine. Out tour guide that day recommended the risotto and prawns. And it was great, one off the best I’ve had. Staff was attentive and engaging. It is a lively bar area and fun.