“Great Hotel Not A Great Visit”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a trip for our family to attend our sons graduation from the Marine Corp boot camp at Parris Island. We've stayed at other Embassy properties and enjoyed our stays at those locations, but this trip went South quickly. First off let me say that the Hotel itself is wonderful, and it's what you expect to find when you stay at any Embassy property. This hotel has a modern and very clean updated lobby, bar, hallways, elevators and room. I have absolutely no issue with any of those things except for the broken Iron in our room which for some reason we couldn't seem to get replaced during our 3 day visit. My request from the front desk seemed to get ignored, but that isn't the reason for my poor review rating it was the disturbance that occurred on multiple nights. Our first night was a Tuesday and we arrived late but to a warm welcome by the front desk, and a beautiful suite that was clean and ready for us - GREAT!! Slept soundly and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which is truly worth it if you ever stay at any Embassy. Now comes the problem we had while here some type of tour group consisting of young teenagers showed up on Wednesday and things went South from there. From approx 8pm until sometime around 2am there was constant banging on the floor above our room sounding like someone was moving furniture across the floor, or they were enjoying a game of indoor football. That was accompanied by the screeching of teens along with slamming doors. I called the front desk, and visited it personally in the morning, and I was assured that the chaperones for this group were going to make sure this stopped. However, Thursday night the same thing happened again, so I again called the desk and I asked the man working to personally pay a visit up to the 5th floor to put a stop to it, but he couldn't be bothered. These two sleepless nights made an already stressful trip that much more tiring. I choose to stay at the Embassy because it costs a little more than your average motel, and when you pay a little more you expect to not have to deal with things like this. If I want a party atmosphere I'll book a room at the Motel 6 not here. Like I said the hotel itself was wonderful the experience was horrible...But my son did become a Marine so in the end it was a great trip. The answer to the problems we had here is simple - Retrain the staff on how to handle situations instead of simply hoping they correct themselves.

Room Tip: Great hotel as long as some tour group of teenagers doesn't show up
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Daniel L, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel.
First of all, we are so sorry to hear that our hotel failed to live up to your expectations during your recent visit to Savannah. Whilst our apologies will regrettably not alter the outcome, we do appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us to identify and address the issues that may have gone unnoticed by our staff and management.
We strive to provide the very best of both quality of stay and customer service and the issue you encountered during your last stay with us is simply unacceptable to our standards. I am very disappointed that our staff was not able to manage the situation differently and will make sure this incident is addressed with the appropriate parties.
We apologize again for your unpleasant experience at our hotel and we sincerely hope you give us another shot at making this right for you for your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed my overnight stay. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I like that you receive a text message to make sure everything is good with your room. Complimentary breakfast was better than most other places. I must say that Destynee was very helpful in the dining area during breakfast! She was friendly, smiled, and her customer service exceeded my expectations! She really made my morning. Thank you Destynee!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Daniel L, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Terry,

Thanks for taking your time to leave us a kind review!
We are delighted to hear that you chose us to spend your Thanksgiving and you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer during your stay, especially our awesome Destynee!
I will make sure this message is delivered to her - she will be so thrilled to hear this!
Thanks for staying with us and we will certainly be looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at a lot of Embassy Suites but this is by far the best. Not even close. If you are going to Savannah stay here close to everything and the staff is excellent. The free breakfast is over the top. Didn’t arrive until after the happy hour but I am sure it was the same as the breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Hi,

Thanks for taking your time to leave a warm review for our hotel !
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer during your recent visit to Savannah!
Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you back here with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There for Thanksgiving. Hotel was very modern rooms were spacious. All of the hotel staff we came in contact with were friendly and very helpfully. If you are going to stay in Savannah I highly recommend this hotel

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for taking your time to leave a kind message for our hotel.
We are so glad to hear that you decided to spend your Thanksgiving with us and you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer during your recent stay with us!
Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you back here again for your next visit!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent overall experience...very impressed with hotel & staff; hotels close proximity to the historic district. David, at the sightseeing/things to do desk, was a wealth of information & knowledgeable about the area. I would stay here again & recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Daniel L, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave a kind message for our hotel!
We are so delighted that you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer during your recent visit to Savannah, especially our phenomenal concierge David!
I will make sure this message delivered to him - he will be so thrilled to hear this!
Thanks for choosing us among many hospitality choices in downtown Savannah and we will certainly be looking forward to having you back here for your next visit!