“Decent food, 'meh' service”

22 Square Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Square Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bryan
Description: 22 Square Restaurant and Bar, located inside the Andaz Hotel, partners with local farmers and responsible suppliers to support and energize our community. Chef Chris Cummer and his culinary team offer fresh, contemporary spins on Southern classics. Whether it's sourcing shrimp right off the Georgia coast or preparing the daily bread on site, thoughtful and sustainable sourcing is at the forefront of our mission. By dining with us, we invite you to join our thriving community of farmers, chefs, and diners that make Savannah a food and beverage destination.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were staying at the hotel and decided to have breakfast at 22 Square on our last morning in Savannah. We had to wait to be seated which I do not mind but I have a huge pet peeve of being made to wait without even being ackowledged and that was the case. When the hostess finally addressed us she was very nice but, again, two seconds of eye contact and a 'be right with you' goes a long way.

We decided to forego the buffet, it looked bleak, and ordered a la carte instead. The waitress that took our order was very sweet. We ordered the chicken & waffles, the ribeye hash without the gravy and a side of potatoes and another of bacon. We sent the ribeye hash back because it was smothered in the gravy and the egg was cooked over medium, so we asked for it to be cooked through. My husband knows I don't like cold food and we imagined the hash wouldn't take too long so, I started eating before him. It was chicken strips and waffles, they were ok, nothing I couldn't make at home. The ribeye hash arrived as I was halfway through my plate, this time without gravy but the egg was still a little raw. He just took it out and ate the rest. He liked it but nothing out of this world. The two sides (potatoes and bacon) never arrived. However, since our plates were fairly big, we didn't feel the need to push on those. However, they were included on the bill and we had to ask for them to be removed. We also had to ask for water. The waitress that delivered the meal and looked after our table had a bit of an attitude which I did not appreciate.

With so many great places to eat very close by, I wish I would have gone elsewhere. This one won't be a repeat for us.

1  Thank LaVie_NRosa

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Food was outstanding and service was even better. Very well paired elements to every meal and everything was so fresh and well cooked. Would absolutely recommend!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Go past the lobby bar and find an open area. This is 22 Square. The beer, wine and cocktails menu is much bigger than the food menu.
The salmon is served over the largest zucchini I have ever seen. The chicken is served over some ancient grains that I don't remember, but both dishes are superbly prepared.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

A concierge at a competing hotel raved about this restaurant. Our daughter enjoyed her vegetarian selections. However, my chicken dish was too dry for me to even swallow. My husband's NY Strip was prepared medium rare as he requested, but he found the taste/quality(?) so off-putting we both returned our meal after a few bites. I trust this was not a standard experience for patrons of this restaurant. But we were not interested in giving it a second chance during our short vacation in Savannah.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stayed in Hotel Andaz for 3 days when visiting Savannah to get away from Hurricane Irma. The restaurant had a limited menu for breakfast and dinner while we were there because of limited deliveries. Nevertheless, the options offered were very good. Service was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast chef made perfect omelettes.