“A nicely renovated old building”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
caramello...
Alaska
“A nicely renovated old building”
Reviewed 3 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

A very cute place, extremely conveniently located. We stayed there in order to visit with my daughter who lives in Savannah but doesn't have room for me, her brother, and his girlfriend.
It would have been nice if the place had had an actual stove and a real coffee maker, or french press instead of one of those motel coffee makers, but we made do.

People need to be warned that the circular stairway leading to the upper bedroom and bathroom are a bit like climbing a Class 4 pitch, and it would be impossible to take even a medium sized suitcase up them, but it added to the fun. Just be aware of this.

The property manager was very responsive to my complaint about a musty odor and came right over and started the dehumidifier which took care of the problem. If I had complained about the coffee maker they probably would have handled that also.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, value
Liked least: lack of stove and coffee maker
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
RARA262
bergen county njn
“Charming Carriage House”
Reviewed 27 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

This carriage house was perfect for us...cozy, charming and the location is great!!! Great value for the price, I would stay here over a hotel any day!!!! It was a bit hard to find it when we first arrived...a bit confusing to find the lane it was in but the location was great once we found it. The only thing that might be a problem for some people would be the spiral staircase its a bit tight so we left our suitcases downstairs, which was not a problem for us, it actually added to the charm of the carriage house...overall...we loved this place!!! :)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
the_mrs_k...
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Home is beautiful...management company not so much!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

First of all let me state that they house is absolutely beautiful. We loved the location, the house is beautifully renovated. There are a lot of stairs so if you have mobility issues this may not be the house for you. I can not complain about the house itself. However what I must warn people about is the rental company, Lucky Savannah, who manages the property. I chose to go with Lucky Savannah due to the great reviews they have previously received. Unfortunately, I can not give them a good review. I chose to book via online with Lucky Savannah. I received email confirmations and receipt of my booking. A day prior to our check in, I contacted them to obtain the check in requirements and pre-stay information. I spoke to a very pleasant young woman who emailed me all my information. I did have one major question in regards to parking. I was told that there was "plenty of street parking but be mindful of the street sweeping nights, and that I may have to move my vehicle to the opposite side of the street but I shouldn't worry as the street was wide with plenty of availability". Well.....that is absolutely INCORRECT! We had to fight every night we were there to obtain parking on either side of the street. If we were not back by 6pm from going uptown or sight seeing there was no spots available on our block. We had to go down a block or two in order to find parking. In which you will park blocks away and have to walk to the rental on the old brick sidewalks that are uneven. Multiple times several of us tripped or almost fell on the uneven bricks. Yes, I know the city is old and the bricks are part of the historic charm, which I love but to be told there is plenty of parking is far from the truth. The locals take up most of the parking leaving out of town guests not much to choose from. The night before we checked out was street sweeping night. I can read and was well aware we shouldn't park on the east side of the street, however we went to dinner only to come back to NO parking on the west side for two blocks. Obviously the locals are aware of the street sweeping and park there early. Basically we had no choice but to park on the incorrect side resulting in a $25 parking ticket. I contacted the rental company only to basically be told "sorry but we can't do anything about it". I spoke to the manager who informed me that they are very honest in their rental agreements and there is in fact plenty of parking on Jones Street. What they fail to mention is yes there is plenty of parking if you want to walk two blocks or on a non "street sweeping night". They don't tell you this cause if they did you wouldn't want to rent there. Who wants to pay $1000 for 4 nights only to walk two blocks to the rental??? I asked if they would credit me the $25 on my credit card since I felt I had no other option but to park there and was basically told in so little words "No!". I would NEVER rent from the property management company again, Lucky Savannah. Its unfortunate as I loved Savannah, loved the rental, and will be back. I will just choose to spend my hard earned money elsewhere for a rental.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home was beautiful as was the historic district of Savannah
Liked least: The parking and all the stairs
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
21 Aug 2014
We are so happy that this guest loved the home and its location. The owners did a great job on the renovation and this continues to be a favorite among all our rentals. The note about the stairs is accurate, there are a couple small steps to the kitchen area, and from the hallway into the bedroom...most guests don't have problems with the stairs, but we do always mention it to our guests as it would have a greater impact for anyone with mobility issues.
We are so sorry this guest had problems with parking at this home. We offer our guidance and opinions based on our collective experiences in the homes. We have never had issues with parking for this home, and many of our guests select the Sycamore specifically because of parking. Most homes in the Historic District do not have private off-street parking, similar to the Sycamore House. But many homes only offer metered (pay) on-street parking. The Sycamore is unique in that it has non-metered (free) on street parking directly in front of the home and on each adjacent street. Historically, our guests at the Sycamore have consistently found parking immediately in front of the home during their stay. There may be times when you have to park towards the end of the block or on the adjacent street, but even then it should be within 200 feet of the home and usually within eye sight, which most guests reason is a good trade off for free on-street parking, saving $7-10/day vs. other options. We are glad the parking issue did not sour this guests impression of Savannah in general, and we're excited they will be back to visit the City. Savannah has some great rentals that do provide private off-street parking (we have about 30 in our collection), and those are always an option for those that desire a more guaranteed parking scenario.
NC
Reviewed 5 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
5 Dec 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit! We haven't been notified of an odor issue prior to your stay or after but we take these concerns very seriously and will definitely look into it. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
OH
Reviewed 26 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing