“Okay price, alright room, friendly staff, but they need to hire a exterminator!”

Econo Lodge Savannah South
Ranked #106 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The price was okay, my stay would have been better if i didn't find a roach in the microwave. Besides the roach problem, it was a over all alright room.
I did enjoy their mini waffles in the morning, and the all day lemonade, nice touch!
The staff was very nice, and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
EconoLodgeSavannah1, Manager at Econo Lodge Savannah South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our well-regarded hotel here in Savannah. I’m pleased that you had a generally good experience with us, but I’m very concerned that we didn’t live up to your standards or expectations. We take great pride in our hotel, and I hope that shows. We’re also always working to get better. I hope you will give us another chance and see that we’re doing what we can to improve and enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Check in and check out quick, staff friendly, room was ok, clean, iron coffee pot worked. Tv was horrible, very snowy, when I called the desk I was told to wiggle the cables. I called again, someone was suppose to come but never did, they didn’t have another room to move me to. 3days in a hotel with no tv, very boring. No breakfast, towels were rough, need fabric softener.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our busy hotel here in Savannah. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I am from NC and my family and I were returning from a cruise. We decided to book here using bookit . First thing is we were arriving earlier than expected so we called to see if we could check in We were initially told yes but it would require a $25 charge per room. We had 2 rooms booked. The rooms are only $39.99 to begin with. So we arrived almost 2 hrs early and now told that we couldnt check in early even if we were crazy enough to pay the extra $50. Had to use the restroom and thats when my wife saw the 2 big roaches. At this point the effect of the cruise wore off and i was prepared to drive all the way home. See we were signed up to eat the breakfast from the area were the roaches were chilling. I contacted bookit and was told i would be charged for cancelling but it was at the hotels discretion. Went back in and now the rules were changed 2 rooms were ready and we could check in early. The rooms had a foul odor and mold on the walls. The shower rod in 1 room was broke and the wash clothes and towels were in desperate need of some bleach. My son killed a roach on the nightstand. The pool should have just been drained because it was just a breeding ground for insects. There might have been a gator in it. The water would not drain in the sink and i refused to stand in the nasty tub. Checkout was 11 we were gone by 9. DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I regret that we weren't a good match for your needs. We take pride in satisfying many guests every day, and I'm sincerely sorry that we couldn't satisfy you. I apologize for any shortcomings or issues and hope you will give us another chance. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience to every guest, every time.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed with coupon clean remodeled room parque floors no rug clean bedding freshly painted flat screen TV could use a better shower head ice cold AC in room would stay here again close to restaurants Perkins on premises Hardee s Sonic nearby best room I had during this trip.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Rebecca O, General Manager at Econo Lodge Savannah South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank You for enjoying our hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed the newly renovated room. Please come enjoy our hotel again soon!

Dee J. Patel

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This location was under renovations ,no safety stickers in bathtub quoted near airport - Not cost about 29.00 by taxi from airport, employees not helpful.Did have cafe on property received a 10%discount on breakfast. Hotel was hard to find

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Rebecca O, General Manager at Econo Lodge Savannah South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet and exceed your expectations. As you mentioned, our hotel is under renovation and should be complete soon. All rooms have new bedding and are certified ultra clean. We hope you give us another chance and experience the difference. Also, please be sure to try our complimentary signature hot Belgium waffles and cinnamon rolls that are offered along with our 20 item breakfast buffet each morning.