“An interesting bit of history - the Revolution in Savannah”
Review of Savannah French Tour - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Savannah French Tour
Reviewed 22 June 2011

As a native Savannahian I have always known a great deal about The War Between the States, but only a little about Savannah's part in the American Revolution. I knew that the French came to help us, a battle was fought, the English won and keep Savannah until the end of hostilities. When I saw the artlcle about the French Tour in the Savannah newspaper I immediately called and a friend and I booked a tour. We met, Christine, our guide, on the battlefield and spent a wonderfully interesting hour learning the history of one of the bloodest battles of the Revolution. An excellent tour. Christine is both delightful and knowledgeable. We were sorry when it ended. Elizabeth Ford

Reviewed 6 June 2011

Christine's tour and presentation of the Springhill Redoubt Battle is a must if you care anything about the history of our country. Her knowledge of this important, but forgotten battle comes alive in her telling. My wife and I found the time spent on this tour well worth the price.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Christine's tour of the Savannah battlefield was the highlight of our trip to Savannah. She brought the battle and all of the events leading up to it alive for us. Her enthusiasm made for a riveting experience that was closer to participating in a drama than merely taking a tour.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Christine, the French bilingual (English/French) guide, not only made the tour special, she made my mother and I feel special. We opted for the private tour and we are glad we did. Being French, her account of the French participation in the Civil War is not only clear and vivid but brought back to life as one feels her French sentiment, her understanding of American history and just her passion for history as a whole as she speaks on the very grounds where the events took place. She' s like one of those rare teachers we had who made us love the subject because they did. That' s Christine. It is a privilege to be on a tour with her as she is not only so warm and generous in her person, becomes a wonderful companion, but gives you the inside story being French herself and is so well-read and cultured with a rich life history of her own. History, generally, is not my first point of interest but it sure became so with Christine!

2  Thank simbapalmademallorca