“Nice change of pace,fairly authentic, but the menu never changes.”
Review of The Mirage

The Mirage
Ranked #388 of 911 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: 236-5463 is their number. Mediterranean but with Moroccan focus. Mint Tea is a MUST! Food is well made, fresh and service is with a smile
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Enjoyed a Middle Eastern setting and dinner. While the food was acceptably authentic, it was far from extraordinary. Service was very nice and the outdoor setting was delightful. Overall the experience was decent but not dying to return.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Went there for a fun night on the town. Food was great, Moroccan music and belly dancing was fun, but it took a bad turn when a large party came in and requested their own music. The manager changed the authentic Moroccan music to offensive, disgusting rap and it completely ruined our evening! We waited 30 minutes for our check, all the while being forced to listen to profanity and disgusting music. This was the second time I have visited this restaurant, and I am sad to say it will be the last. That is not the way to run an "authentic" Moroccan restaurant...

2  Thank Liviawolcott
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Although most of the food was good, my wife's steak was not the right temperature. The atmosphere was boring and there was only one other table with people at it.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I want to The Mirage (formally the Casbah) and had the best time. I will admit, when we walked in and there was only one other couple in the entire restaurant, I was tempted to go somewhere else. However, my boyfriend had eaten there before and promised the food was good. He was right! We both had the Lamb Couscous and it was the best I have ever had! We also had the sweet Moroccan hot tea and it was delicious! The waitress was extremely attentive and we just had such a nice time, we decided to try the hookah. Very fun and tasty. This restaurant really should be ranked higher and I believe it would be if they had some better advertising! Go! You won't regret it!

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

We came here solely for hookah, no food. We get inside, and I'm pretty sure they have the heater on. It was SO hot. It took probably 10 minutes to get a drink and then another 15 just for our hookah to come. It wasn't that busy. I have hookahs at home and I KNOW it doesn't take 25 minutes to set up. For the nearly 2 hours we were oilers next to us that ruined the vibe. The hookah didn't smoke smoothly. We had been finished for about a half hour and could not flag the server down for a check. I won't return. there, we saw our server maybe twice. It was terrible. Very weird atmosphere. There was a group of underage high schoo