Review Highlights
If you want an authentic “journey” and not just a tour...this is the one,

I’m not totally sure how I found the Day Clean Journey...just so very glad I did. Dr. Jamal is the... read more

Reviewed 20 January 2019
MGordonCharlotte_NC
Charlotte, NC
Absolute Historian

Jamal Toure is very knowledgeable regarding Savannah and the African American/Gullah/Geechie... read more

Reviewed 7 January 2019
Kavmore
Trenton, New Jersey

All reviews african american history first african baptist church gullah geechee black history state university eye opening traveled with another couple great investment urban renewal real history wealth of knowledge tour guide living history underground railroad his passion highly recommend this tour excellent tour
Reviewed 29 June 2016

As a Anthropologist in training I found this tour to be incredibly informing! There was so much knowledge to be learned in this trip that I am still processing as we speak. I loved the personal approach and it did feel like a journey as the guide was discussing about the Gechee culture. I don't like ill-informed or robotic type guides and He was nothing like that. He was authentic and passionate and knew a lot of answers to my questions. I felt like I was talking to a close relative, giving me a break down of our history on the porch with grandma's fresh lemonade :) that's how refreshing and engaged I felt.

1  Thank monesha17
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Day Clean Journeys took our family on what ended up being the best tour of historic Savannah ever! Through edutainment we learned the true history of Savannah told by native Gullah Geechee, it's connection to the rest of the U.S. and the world, as well as detailed information regarding the historical importance of the African American experience through Savannahs past up til now all in a fun and interactive atmosphere! I would suggest that anyone looking for a great and informative tour take this journey for all ages and people!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We are all interconnected. This was a great tour to see how our actions of today are rooted from the past. I felt more connected and proud of my past due to this journey.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

My wife & I took an African American tour in Savannah many many years ago & wanted to take our children (20, 17, 17)on the tour. Dr. Jamal Toure made the journey come to life. He is passionate and personable. This was the most enjoyable & informative tour I have ever taken. I recommend anyone take this tour regardless of race or where you live.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

The tour is great, lots of history about the impact Africans had in Savannah. Mr. Jamal is passionate about the history of Savannah and sharing it. Definitely a must do!

Date of experience: May 2016