“Amaaaazzziinnngggg”
Review of Day Clean Journeys

Day Clean Journeys
Ranked #21 of 164 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: A New Day For Tours...in Savannah, Hilton Head, Riceboro, and the Lowcountry of Georgia and South Carolina – “Day Clean Journeys”. We take you on journeys through time. Get a full view of the history regarding the above areas on one of our journeys (tours). We pride ourselves on providing “Tours for Everyone”! Anyone can and will enjoy our tours. Day Clean is a Gullah phrase that means “new day”, “beginning of the day”, or “dawn”. In addition, it is a philosophy of life that means each day is a new day; each day starts anew; no matter what occurred yesterday – today is a new day (“day clean”) . We provide stimulating, informative, and enlightening journeys. You may even become a little inspired after a journey.Students and Teachers, Families, Religious Groups, Youth Organizations, Conference Attendees, Senior Citizens, Friends, and Others have been enthralled by our journeys. We are sure you will be enthralled, also.We have provided tours and shared the history of the lowcountry to groups for over a decade. Not only can we provide a wonderful tour but we can arrange for living history presentations that are entertaining, engaging, and illuminating.
Reviewed 29 June 2016

As a Anthropologist in training I found this tour to be incredibly informing! There was so much knowledge to be learned in this trip that I am still processing as we speak. I loved the personal approach and it did feel like a journey as the guide was discussing about the Gechee culture. I don't like ill-informed or robotic type guides and He was nothing like that. He was authentic and passionate and knew a lot of answers to my questions. I felt like I was talking to a close relative, giving me a break down of our history on the porch with grandma's fresh lemonade :) that's how refreshing and engaged I felt.

1  Thank monesha17
All reviews
"african american history"
in 40 reviews
"gullah geechee"
in 14 reviews
"first african baptist church"
in 15 reviews
"his passion"
in 3 reviews
"visitor's center"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"great information"

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Day Clean Journeys took our family on what ended up being the best tour of historic Savannah ever! Through edutainment we learned the true history of Savannah told by native Gullah Geechee, it's connection to the rest of the U.S. and the world, as well as detailed information regarding the historical importance of the African American experience through Savannahs past up til now all in a fun and interactive atmosphere! I would suggest that anyone looking for a great and informative tour take this journey for all ages and people!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We are all interconnected. This was a great tour to see how our actions of today are rooted from the past. I felt more connected and proud of my past due to this journey.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

My wife & I took an African American tour in Savannah many many years ago & wanted to take our children (20, 17, 17)on the tour. Dr. Jamal Toure made the journey come to life. He is passionate and personable. This was the most enjoyable & informative tour I have ever taken. I recommend anyone take this tour regardless of race or where you live.