“Joined Roots”
Review of Day Clean Journeys

Day Clean Journeys
Ranked #21 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: A New Day For Tours...in Savannah, Hilton Head, Riceboro, and the Lowcountry of Georgia and South Carolina – “Day Clean Journeys”. We take you on journeys through time. Get a full view of the history regarding the above areas on one of our journeys (tours). We pride ourselves on providing “Tours for Everyone”! Anyone can and will enjoy our tours. Day Clean is a Gullah phrase that means “new day”, “beginning of the day”, or “dawn”. In addition, it is a philosophy of life that means each day is a new day; each day starts anew; no matter what occurred yesterday – today is a new day (“day clean”) . We provide stimulating, informative, and enlightening journeys. You may even become a little inspired after a journey.Students and Teachers, Families, Religious Groups, Youth Organizations, Conference Attendees, Senior Citizens, Friends, and Others have been enthralled by our journeys. We are sure you will be enthralled, also.We have provided tours and shared the history of the lowcountry to groups for over a decade. Not only can we provide a wonderful tour but we can arrange for living history presentations that are entertaining, engaging, and illuminating.
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We are all interconnected. This was a great tour to see how our actions of today are rooted from the past. I felt more connected and proud of my past due to this journey.

All reviews
"african american history"
in 40 reviews
"gullah geechee"
in 14 reviews
"first african baptist church"
in 15 reviews
in 6 reviews
"living history"
"visitor's center"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"great information"
"jamal"
in 136 reviews
"ancestors"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

My wife & I took an African American tour in Savannah many many years ago & wanted to take our children (20, 17, 17)on the tour. Dr. Jamal Toure made the journey come to life. He is passionate and personable. This was the most enjoyable & informative tour I have ever taken. I recommend anyone take this tour regardless of race or where you live.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

The tour is great, lots of history about the impact Africans had in Savannah. Mr. Jamal is passionate about the history of Savannah and sharing it. Definitely a must do!

1  Thank lacreal
Reviewed 15 May 2016

This tour was very informative and engaging. I took the tour with my husband, 3 year old son and 7 year old daughter. Mr. Jamal was engaging and my 7 yr old laughed and asked many questions.
He was provocative, informative and unique. I'm confident my daughter will remember something she learned from me, and I certainly felt very informed and proud.

This is not a tour of islands, and you won't see the Geechee people or sweetgrass basket weaving. It is a tour that highlights all the living african american/enslaved traditions and cultural expressions.

Great investment on our spring break. Skee-Phi Bro.Jamal, keep on story telling to keep the history alive!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2016

After a negative experience with another African American Tour company. We took this tour and it was amazing to say the least. I learned so much history of Savannah and the role it played in slavery, Hermatige Plantation, gray brick, etc. The tour guide took his time and answered any questions we had along the way. He actually encourged questions and made our diverse group fill extremely comfortable. He also teach at Savannah State University which solidified his knowledge. I highly recommend this tour over any others in Savannah GA.