See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We tried to book a room at this place and reserved our room on the website with a credit card, but when we showed up at 10pm after driving all day, there was a glitch in their computer and they gave our room away. We had to drive around until we found another hotel. Definitely will not be returning!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

There was a phone but didn't work, large very wet spot on carpet, no tissue, nice young lady at desk, helped with items mentioned to the best of her ability. Price was cheap enough but no coffee, towels didn't look clean at all

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This was the worse experience and almost ruined our entire Memorial Day trip. I and a friend booked this hotel for our families because we were vacationing together. It was done through booking.com and we got a great rate. I called the company that took care of the booking because I had questions about some of the pictures that were on booking.com versus the pictures on the Scottish inn website. I then realized that there was a $20 price difference between booking and the website so we cancelled the reservation through booking and decided to book directly through the website for the Scottish inn.

Fast forward to the day we arrive at the hotel. My friend got there before we did and spoke with the front desk clerk and was told that they did not have a reservation for her or for me and my family. She was then told that they no longer accept any bookings for rooms through their website and would not honor any reservations and that if we wanted a room we would have to pay the regular rate for that room which was $50 extra then what it was two weeks previously. I called the customer service number and explained what was going on and they directly contacted the hotel because they said it wasn't right what we were being told. An hour later we are contacted by the customer service company and told that because the hotel is a franchise they can't make the hotel honor our original booking and there wasn't much else they could do though they acknowledged it wasn't right. On top of that the hotel did a bait and switch with the rooms and they didn't look ANYTHING like the pictures online. The staff was incredibly rude and unsympathetic and the place was completely run down. We decided not to stay there and was able to scramble a bit to find another hotel. The worse part is even though the company cancelled the reservation and the hotel refused to even acknowledge we ever had a reservation, they still managed to charge our card for a room they say we never had a reservation for and NEVER SET FOOT IN!!!! Thank goodness we were able to dispute the charge with our bank. These people are crooks and rude! DO NOT EVER STAY HERE....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Marla W
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

After a long search of hotels, we approach the Scottish Inn. I thought "oh this must be a cute green & orange themed hotel with irish workers"... I was wrong. I approach this run down building and had to ring the bell for service. No one came to the door after i rang it 3 times and waited about 10 minutes. i thought okay they must be busy, but the guy came out dressed in pajamas asking what he could do for me 'hunny'. I needed one room for one night just for a place to sleep, well if i knew this place was as awful as it was i would never have given him my $90.

***I KNOW THIS IS LONG, BUT ITS A MUST READ***

-No elevator
-The room smelled like cigarettes (I do not smoke, so i don't enjoy that smell)
-I went to check for bed bugs; thankfully there wasn't any, however there was blood stains on the comforter. i immediately called the front 'office' and asked for a new comforter, and he told me someone will bring one right up. so no biggie we cleaned ourself up to go out for the night expecting the clean comforter to arrive. we waited 20 minutes and nothing, so we called again. The guy told me he was very busy, and that he is sending someone up right away. We waited another 10 minutes. It would be a different story if this place was a comforting place to lounge around but i didn't even want to relax or go to the bathroom. It was stained and burned with cigarettes. So, at this point we were pissed and brought the broken hair dryer with hair tangled in it and that was detached from the wall (the holes were still fresh in the wall) and the bloody comforter downstairs. We demanded a clean comforter in our room when we come back from dinner.

We arrive 2 hours later and head to our rooms expecting the comforter there and you guessed it!!!! It wasn't. We immediately called and threatened for a refund if we didn't get one as soon as possible. How many times do i have to ask to get a non-bloody comforter?
Well, a worker (also in pajamas) knocks on the door and hands us another one. we look at it and THERE WAS MORE!!!! I couldn't believe it, i was sick. Except this time, the blood was SPLATTERED.
i'm sorry that was the last straw. We went to the head maid and demanded for a clean one or we are leaving and she said it was a mistake, that the one we got ended up in the clean pile..... Why wouldn't you check it before you bring it up 2 flights of stairs?
-Finally trying to get some rest, all i could hear all night was people walking in and out of their rooms, the side "office", and car doors slamming, what kind of operations are these people doing at 2,3, and 4 am may i ask?
i couldn't sleep all night because i was disturbed from the awful customer service, unfriendly/unprofessional workers, and the bad vibes coming from the disgusting stained rooms.
As you can read, i do not suggest this place. This place may be going under new management because there was new, cheap furniture but i still do not recommend it until they figure out how the run a business. By the way, you shouldn't call yourself the Scottish Inn. WAY far off.

P.s i usually don't complain about certain situations, however this was horrendous.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mandyy2
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Tired after a long drive I saw the rate posted outside this motel - on entering I found the actual rate was TWICE that posted - to tired to continue I paid. A tired room with no accessible power socket for my laptop.

Room Tip: Don't believe the displayed rate
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo