1,188 results
All reviews valet parking toilet and sink great location historic district front desk spring hill sliding door city market within walking distance desk area free breakfast sleeping area pull out sofa visitor's center per day the breakfast area river street
Reviewed 16 March 2017

This motel is located in a great are for visiting the historic district. The rooms are spacious and clean. Valet parking only at the motel and it is 24.00. We parked at a garage very, very close for 5.00. The breakfast was included and was good. The front desk was exceptionally nice and accomadating. The only things I would like to mention is housekeeping would not give us any extra towels, she said she only had enough for each of the rooms she had yet to clean. My husband did request extra towels at the front desk and they said that it would be awhile since they were so busy, but they never came. I also would request that mangement consider sliding the bill underneath the doors at night better for privacy sake. Only 1-2 inches of the paper receipt actually was in my room.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank takoh
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I've spent three to four nights per week at this property since May 2016, so I think I have a pretty good feel for the place. I will preface my review by stating that I get a negotiated rate because I stay so much, so I can't speak to pricing except that it is aligned pretty well with other similar properties in the area. First the good stuff: You should enjoy the location at the price point, because you're only a few blocks from City Market and just a couple more to the riverfront area that most tourists love. It's an easy walk to several nice restaurants. Location, location, location.
The hotel staff is friendly and competent, and have never given me reason to feel frustrated or impatient. The rooms are a bit dated, but clean, with some decent views of the city from the upper floors. There is a concierge service close to the front desk, and competent valet parking for 24 bucks per day. You'll want valet, because the street parking is metered and crowded, and the nearby parking garage is 20 bucks per day anyway. There are a few nit-picking things I don't like about the rooms, though. The soap holder is wire and it is a pain in the rear to store soap, razor, shampoo or anything else in it. The shower doors swing out and are sealed with a plastic strip, which in my experience typically leaks water onto the bathroom floor. The bathrooms are small, and the toilet is in a separate little room, which can be a blessing, I guess, depending on your habits. The only other thing I'm not crazy about is the breakfast buffet, which is small and limited to two hot dishes (scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, usually). There is a fair assortment of breads, fruits and cereals, but don't get your hopes up for a great experience if you are a big breakfast person. I haven't been in the pool, but I do know it has been redone recently and looks like a great place to hang out. All in all, it's been a decent place to stay and I can definitely recommend it for large groups on short stays.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here in March 2017. Found rooms were decent, but not true suites. Theres a divider between bed and office desk. Parking is $24/day. Outrageous. Air conditioning controls are hidden behind TV. When heater runs it is loud. Bathroom is split between toilet area and shower area. you get 2 sinks, but only one set of towels.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I come to Savannah for business quite often. Unfortunately this property isn't consistent and I'm not willing to give them another chance. Upon early checkin the front desk person wasn't necessarily rude, just disinterested. She answered the telephone right in the middle of my conversation with her. The a/c, which I've had a problem with before, circulated off and on all night but I was so tired it wasn't worth complaining. The shower and wash clothes had hair on them which definitely didn't belong to me. Also, mold in the shower, not a good sight! Upon leaving my room, my bill was in the middle of the hallway, so much for privacy. The front desk person was sort of unapologetic. My experience here has been inconsistent and with so many choices I won't stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Aaron S, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

We would like to first, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. In our efforts to continue to better our service, we value your feedback. Thank you.
Accept our sincerest apologies for your unpleasant stay. We were disappointed to read that our Front Desk was anything less that helpful and friendly. Also, we were unaware of the issues during your stay, but have since then shared your feedback with the team. We have put in place all necessary procedures to ensure this does not happen again.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Stayed here overnight on a business trip and, from the moment I entered the building I was greeted by warm and friendly staff and other patrons. Check in was a breeze and all amenities thoroughly explained. The hotel was quiet and in close proximity to stores, fast-food and gas. The hotel itself was very nicely appointed as you might expect from a Mariott and met or exceeded my every expectation!

Stayed: February 2017