“Gross”

Motel 6 Savannah
Ranked #108 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. I really should have found another place but we went to Savannah to get closer to the total eclipse. We asked for an extra blanket they said no. We asked for an extra towel they said no. We asked for toilet paper they said no. We had two towels for three people. The blanket had gross stains on it. We demanded the toilet paper and they finally gave it to us from the office bathroom. When you sat on the toilet it felt like it was going to tip over. There were no lamps on the night stands. There was no clock. We killed a roach on the wall. It was soooo soooo gross. Stay far away from this place. The picture on the website is not accurate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Motel 6 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Lelah,

We are so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I'm giving this motel a 1 because it had a toilet! I have to say there was one maintenance man, I think his name was John, who helped me to my room with bags and was very pleasant. The hotel looked OK from the outside but taken to the first room it spelled so bad they had to move me to a second room. All the furniture was mismatched and old. There were no amenities. The maid didn't clean my room and when I asked she said that you have to request it but no one told me this when I checked in. This is a motel that people live there and is in the middle of nowhere. There is only a waffle house down the road. There wasn't even a clock or light on the night stand so I could read in bed!

Room Tip: The room cost me over $66 a night and should have cost about $25. It was really horrible.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Motel 6 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Bettie,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. We value all guest comments, and will be sure to use them to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for the feedback, and we hope to be able to exceed your expectations in the future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Room smelled really strong of smoke and being a heart surgery patient this made me unable to breathe well all night. Had ashes in the dresser drawers and on the sink. Bathtub would not drain and left dirty water standing. The noise from others partying in the other room made it impossible to sleep.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, too pricey for the room
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
MasterkeyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. And I am sadden to hear we did not accomplish this goal. The management team takes all comments very seriously and they are looking into this matter, to ensure it does not occur again in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Within 30 minutes of checking into this hell hole the sink faucet blew off and water exploded all over my room! Terribly poor customer service from the Rude manager/"Owner" named Tesh Patel. Attempted to charge a late fee for a requested 30 minute late checkout. Not happening!! As someone who travels all over the world AND worked in the hospitality industry for over 5 YEARS, requesting a late checkout is quite common and certainly within the realm of reason if there isn't a large influx of check-ins the following day. Also, old furniture blocking the hallways near the elevator (fire hazard). Staff incompetent and lazy. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IF YOU POSSIBLY CAN!! Will be calling my credit card company to dispute the charge for this nightmare of a stay!

Room Tip: Dont choose ANY room! Run fast from this dump!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
MasterkeyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

We are so sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encountered during your time with us. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to front desk procedures in handling this type of situation.
The management team has reviewed your comment and taken the necessary actions to prevent this from reoccurring in the future. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to be able to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I was in Savannah over this past weekend and had a great time. My stay here at the Garden was very pleasant and enjoyed every bit of it. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were nice and spacious. I will stay here again when I am in Savannah again. Thank you Garden Inn for accommodating us. See ya next time around!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Motel 6 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the delightful review of our property. We are happy that you found your room clean and spacious. We do strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met providing superior customer service. We will certainly share your feedback with our entire team for further encouragement. We would love to serve you again soon.

Regards,