All reviews the cottages valet parking historic district visitor center fire pit train museum full kitchen one bedroom suite within walking distance main building free dot savannah downtown mlk blvd street parking living area the river breakfast staff
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We came here as Florence refugees. Nice studio room with Kitchenette but who wants to cook in while in Savannah. Downtown 0.5 to 0.7 miles via inexpensive Uber/Lyft. Hotel well maintained and clean. Good location just off end of I16. Fresh cooked breakfast - not prepackaged and heated food. Knowledgeable friendly staff. Use valet parking- street parking limited. Reasonable rates.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I stayed at this hotel in July/ Aug 2018 for nearly a month during work training. The staff is very friendly and eager to help. Breakfast and happy hour food options are OK, but Should add more of healthier food options. The hotel location is steps away from main attractions at Savannah downtown. I’ll return to the same hotel!

Room Tip: excellent location to downtown Savannah.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Very friendly staff, spacious room with king size bed and kitchen area. Located about a mile from the river and most of the places we wanted to visit. We walked it the first day and Ubered after that.

Room Tip: Hot breakfast available daily, happy hour early evening.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Donnie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms to be spacious and comfortable our staff to be friendly and helpful. Many people find the complimentary transportation provided by the DOT Shuttle to be a quick and convenient way to travel back and forth from the Riverfront, as well. We hope that you will choose our hotel again when in the Savannah area.

Willie A.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

My wife and I stayed two nights. We arrived very late on a Friday and couldn't have been greeted more warmly and more efficiently. The hotel is nicely located on the edge of the historic area. We found all the staff-desk personnel, housekeeping, kitchen, valet to be warm, friendly and efficient. Our main complaint is the visible absence of "green" efforts (e.g., re-using linens, recycling, etc.).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I have shared your comments about the visibility of our "green" efforts, as well. We hope that you will choose our hotel again when in the Savannah area.

Willie A.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and loved it. Great location on the outside of the historic district and an easy walk (0.7) to shopping and restaurants. Large clean rooms with hot breakfast in the morning. The happy hour they have a few times a week did but follow the menu posted in the room so I was disappointed with that because the food was not good and I was excited about hamburgers on the menu instead of the chicken and dumplings offered. Great pool in a beautiful courtyard. The hotel felt safe and all entrances were secured. Nice laundry facilities and gym. Overall a great stay and I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Donnie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was so glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient and our rooms were clean and comfortable. We take pride in our Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet and our Evening Manager's Reception - The Mix - so I'm glad you enjoyed them, as well. We will look forward to greeting you again when your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Willie A,