“Family in for the weekend”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 924 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 45 - USD 100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent meal! The hostess Kaley was an absolute delight. Our server Christopher was very knowledgeable. For appetizers we ordered the blue crab cakes and the stuffed mushrooms both were excellent...served hot. I am not a steak eater so I ordered the chicken dish which was amazing. Others ordered the steaks which was absolutely fabulous. All items are a la carte,so you choose the sides of your liking. All sides are very generous in portion. Had cheesecake for dessert and that was also very generous portion.

Paula C, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for the review! We're very happy to hear that your meal and service were excellent in our restaurant. We appreciate the feedback on the portion sizes as we're always working to give our guests more! Thank you so much for the compliments on Christopher and Kaley. I will personally pass along this praise to our general manager. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Walked into the establishment at 9 pm with several spots open. The host offered the bar as seating spot, which was totally fine with us. My wife walked in to look at seating in the bar, and a few tables were open. We asked to be seated at one of the open tables. The host, Jackie, who was very nice, offered to seat us. She then asked another staff if we could sit at a table. After she scanned me from head to toe, she informed me that “they were busy” and we could not be seated. One might assume we didn’t have the proper attire, but I was wearing a suit and my wife was dressed in a very nice outfit. I know this establishment prides themselves on service, but I have never been treated so poorly at the door. It almost ruined our night, but we went down the street to one of our favorite local restaurants. If you find yourself in our wonderful city, I recommend you try an establishment with local ownership to be appreciated for your patronage. I have held meetings here prior, but tonight did damage to their reputation in my opinion. It will be a long time before we return.

2  Thank Yoniperoni
Paula C, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

I am very sorry to hear about how you were treated in our restaurant. It is not like our establishment to treat guests like this. Moreover, our staff is always trained on how to accommodate every guest. I have forwarded this information to our General Manager (Rachel). I have asked that she personally field your call so that we can get to the bottom of your experience. Please call our restaurant at your earliest convenience.(912) 721-4800 Again, I am very sorry for your experience. We look forward to righting this wrong.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

From the host to our server Thomas and even the manager, everyone was extremely accommodating and friendly. Food was excellent, steaks really do melt in your mouth! Thomas Recommended the appletini which was delicious. Wines went well with our different courses. Wonderful first time dining at the establishment and we would love to come again!

Paula C, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for the review, Carr! We're very happy to hear your service, food and appletini were all amazing at our restaurant. We appreciate you spending your birthday with us! I will personally pass along the praise to Thomas and our staff. Happy Birthday from all of us!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I was in Savannah for
The st Patrick’s day weekend - the riverfront was mobbed and all the bars were friendly and jovial - we decided to eat at Ruth Chris because it provided the perfect escape from the festivities around town.

While we enjoying the parade activities- we ate at Ruth Chris to provide a quite and great meal - everything was top notice from the service to our steaks (we did not expect anything but) when you travel it is always comforting to have familiar restaurants to eat at while you get the lay of the land - Ruth Chris is always a favorite whether home or traveling

Thank you so much for the review, Bill! We're very happy to hear your St Patty's Day steaks were a comforting meal for you. That's what we are going for, especially during St Patty's Day in Savannah. We hope you return again on your next visit to our city! Thank you for dining with us.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place has a fantastic bar for an aperitif with great service from friendly staff. The highlight? The T-bone steak is huge, think T-Rex sating and needs washing down with lashings of Napa Valley’s finest Cabernet Sauvignon, which fortunately is well stocked.
A great steak house.

Paula C, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you very much for the review. We're very happy to hear your dining experience with us was a pleasant one and that your service and steaks were exceptional. We appreciate the compliment as being a "great steak house." That's what we're going for every time! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit with us!