1,343 results
All reviewsklondike barswine and cheeseriver streetice cream treatsjoe's crab shackloft bedroomturn down serviceeach eveningfactors walkfull kitchenwine receptionother guestsparking spotwithin walking distancehistoric buildingrestaurants and shopstrip to savannah
Reviewed 31 March 2018

These rooms are so nice reminds me of my apartment in nyc. Great views it sits along the waterfront . Rooms are clean very spacious with a full kitchen and bathroom. It was an old warehouse made into a hotel . Can't go wrong oh and it's pet friendly

Room Tip: A room on the second floor and up
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful service. Great location.
Rooms have old world charm. The staff are some of the nicest people and helpful for any need you are looking for.
I and my wife would stay at the Olde Harbour Inn next time in Savannah.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was our second stay at the Olde Harbour Inn and we have enjoyed it both times. the hotel is conveniently located on the river walk but it at the quieter end. the rooms are suites and very large and well equipped. The staff are friendly and helpful. We will stay again and I would recoemmend to friends.

Room Tip: the forth floor is at bay street level but parking, reception and brakefast is on a lower level. there are steps to negotiate!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Room was clean and quaint and the service staff was extremely friendly. The location was perfect for our short vacation as most attractions were within walking distance. The apartment was very roomy for a two bedroom.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We just came back from a Charleston and Savannah vacation. For our Savannah portion of our trip, I booked the two bedroom river view unit for 3 nights. I did a lot of research to find a place that I thought would be unique and not just a big hotel chain. I thought the Olde Harbour Inn would be a perfect fit for our family of 4. However, I have to give an honest review and say that I was really disappointed. There is just such a big list of things I think the inn can improve upon. The first thing I saw when I entered the room was a toilet that had been stained with a ring of dirty water. It was a horrible first impression. Then my mother and my child went upstairs to their bedroom and when she opened the drawers to put in their clothes, she had to clean it herself because it was so dusty. I opened our downstairs drawer to find lots of hair so I just closed it and kept my things in my suitcase. This inn allows dogs and this was noticeable because I found lots of dog hair on the floor when I tried to find an outlet to charge my phone. The whole unit really needed a proper cleaning. Someone made an effort to put in interesting decorative items, such as candle holders, but if they are dusty, I'd rather them take these things away to make it easier to clean. On our first night we noticed that our bed was missing a flat sheet. I didn't like sleeping with just the bedspread and no flat sheet but since it was close to midnight when we noticed this, we decided to just let the front desk know in the morning. When I went to the lady in the front desk in the morning, she noted it in her book and said that she will ask housekeeping to add it; however, with no apology or warm response, I felt like I was inconveniencing her by mentioning the mistake. Since I had just come from a hotel that had such outstanding and professional customer service in Charleston (French Quarter Inn, which I highly recommend), I think I really noticed the difference even more. One day I went to get a newspaper to read in the sitting area of the lobby to find that there were 3 employees sitting in the seats. No one acknowledged me until I said hello or asked how I was enjoying my stay and kept chatting amongst themselves. Again, the lack of customer service was really exacerbated since I had such a lovely time in our previous hotel. The only person that I thought was cheerful and welcoming was the man who brought our bags to our room when we first checked in. I also have to note that because the inn is very old, the walls are extremely thin. The first night we heard a child crying in the early morning as if he was in the same room. However, I have patience for babies as I have raised children of my own and can totally empathize with parents. I know these things can't be helped. The next day however, a new group moved in and had party in the room with really loud music. I've been in hotel rooms with less than ideal sound-proofing, but never have I experienced noise to this degree. At 11:30 pm, my husband called to the front desk and asked if someone can check on the volume of the neighbours. The front desk called us back to say they would be calling the neighbours to ask them to turn the music down. Shortly after the front desk called our neighbour (I heard their phone ring as if it was ours) and our neighbours did turn down the music. Lastly,I have to mention that they ran out of a lot of breakfast items such as biscuits, bacon and sausage on our last morning. By the time my husband and child arrived, there was little food left. This really isn't acceptable, considering that guests are paying extra for breakfast. The couple that came after us were turned away as there was not enough food for them. As for positives, I think that the inn has made some effort to make the rooms attractive and updated if you like this kind of decor. It kind of reminds me of furniture you'd find in West Elm. However, with all the negatives we experienced on this trip, we just can't recommend it. There is really no advantage to being by River Street since it is just a tourist trap of a neighbourhood with all the great restaurants being in other areas. (I have since read reviews on Tripadvisor advising to stay clear of this area but sadly, I didn't see them before I booked this hotel). Also, if you have some problems with stairs , you should know that many of the rooms are located in a different level from the main lobby/breakfast area, and you have to go down a steep flight of stairs outside. My mother hated having to use these stairs daily. I tried moving to the Hyatt and the Kimpton property nearby during our stay but unfortunately, they were fully booked. I really had great expectations for this inn but with our string of unfortunate events, I left disappointed with my choice. Savannah is a lovely place though and we all still had an enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hana2003
Susan P, General Manager at Olde Harbour Inn - River Street Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hana2003,

Thank you for taking time to write an honest review of our Inn. Obviously we did not meet your expectations during your stay and for this I apologize.
We want all of our guests to enjoy their time in our city and at our Inn, we do not want our guests leaving unhappy about their visit.
I spoke to the housekeeping department about your concerns with the room and we will look into all the issues you mentioned. I will be honest by saying I was shocked by the problems involving our service from the staff, we do try and acknowledge and converse with all of our guests, we try to get to know them well.
The steps here can be cumbersome for some of our visitors, we are very honest by putting these stairs in our room descriptions and we try to explain them because some guests cannot utilize stairs at all and as I'm sure you are aware, steps are required throughout our Inn.
Again, thank you for your review, if you find yourself in Savannah again in the future and would like to give us another try, please feel free to contact us directly and we will make sure we take care of you.